+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have I blown it with this girl?

Have I blown it with this girl?

I've been seeing this girl the passed few weeks and we've been on 4 dates (the last being a week ago). Things seemed to be going well and the last 2 dates ended with a proper kiss. I must say she has seemed keen at times, something I haven't had for a couple of years with a girl.

The last few days, she hasn't been texting me as much. The texting seems to have slowed since I added her on facebook (I added her as someone added a photo of us from the wedding where we met and she couldn't see it as she's not friends with the person who put it on). I've later found out that this person is her ex but he is now with someone else and has for a while (she doesn't know I know).

I asked a few days ago her if she wanted to do something the weekend just gone and she said she was busy but might be free next week. I told her when I was free but she hasn't got back to me about that. We have texted since though, a couple of messages last Saturday and then I text her today to see how her week was going. She did text back later on and then I replied but haven't heard back again.

So what is going on? Does she still like me or not? It seems abit weird how she has suddenly changed. Do you think the ex thing has got anything to do with it? I'm so confused. I really do like this girl, I really don't want her to slip away. Shes going away next Wednesday so i'm abit cautious as to when I'm going to see her.

What should I do? Thanks for your opinions.

Not many will come out and say "your kissing wasn't that great, and the chemistry just isn't there so I'm not going to see you anymore". Most just rather let you down easy by slowing down on the texting, etc in hopes that you will get the hint and go away.

Dude she changed her mind or she met someone else she has a bigger interest in. If the interest dies off that's your cue to drop it and there is nothing you can do about it to make it happen.

The ball is in her court, if she doesn't call you up to make plans to see you by this weekend, then it's time to move on.

Where is she going? Is it a vacation?

I don't know, after the last date she asked if I wanted to see her again and kissed me and she was smiling. After the date she was still texting me up until a fews days after. I just have a feeling its something to do with the Facebook thing, I think she's either seen something she doesn't like or something to do with her ex. I could be totally wrong but I wish I didn't add her and mention the photo.

She's going away for a week to meet her parents as they've gone for a few weeks. I really wanted to see her before she went. I haven't mentioned meeting up again to her since before the weekend, but suppose as you say the ball is in her court.

Speculating is useless...you won't know unless you ask her. But I agree that if she's slowed down on the texting, then she's losing interest. Sometimes as we get to know a person a little more, we realize that we're not compatible. I wouldn't torture yourself with "why's", you made the last move, telling her when you were free for another date, if she hasn't responded, I'd probably take a hint and move on.

Stop contacting her. If she gets in touch, ask her if she wants to come watch a movie at your place. If she doesn't want to ****, drop her altogether and chalk it up to attention whoring.

She did end up getting back to me today, she said she fell asleep last night as she had an early night as its her only free night. She also said that she is away at the weekend before she goes on her holiday and the one after. So I'm guessing there isn't much time for me to see her so I haven't mentioned anything about meeting up. Should I or not? I replied later on today as didn't want to look desperate but I haven't heard from her since. Suppose there's nothing I can do but just wait and see.

She likely is dating other guys...

I'm not sure she is but I could be completely wrong. I was basically set up with this girl by a friend who said she's a decent girl from a decent background etc. I haven't seen my my friend since it seems to have gone tits up, not sure if he knows the reason why she's backed off.

This relationship thing is destroying me, everytime I seem to get close to someone it just seems to fade away. I went through a bad break up 2 and a half years ago after a 2 year relationship, it took me ages to get over that. I then met a girl a year later and that seemed be going well, but then that also faded away pretty suddenly. And he I am another year down the line, everything seems good and then it just suddenly disappears. It's killing me inside.

Sorry if I sound pathetic but coming on here helps me vent abit.