+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wife losing love for me?

I have asked if she was cheating and she exploded. I don't believe she has the time but could be wrong. Or she is falling for a coworker idk. I'm lost and scared.

I talk about this to her about everyother day. She just says there's nothing wrong. She won't tell me. Just she's shutting down.

OP can I ask does every kiss automatically lead to sex? Are you affectionate even when you don't want sex? Do you and she spend time just talking and hanging out? Or just cuddling watching TV? Also why would she get in the shower with you and then allow you to put lotion on her if she really wasn't into it?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

We talk a lot about this. I'm an open person I'm allways expressing my feelings. She just claims there is nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by furby412 View Post
    I talk about this to her about everyother day. She just says there's nothing wrong. She won't tell me. Just she's shutting down.
    Then I'm sorry, but you need to walk away. She clearly doesn't feel right, otherwise she wouldn't be acting this way. Walk away and let her explore her feelings. She'll either realize that she was being an idiot and pushed you away, and in turn come crawling back, OR she'll realize that she was not longer in love with you, and you both will be better off.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

I have asked if she was cheating and she exploded. I don't believe she has the time but could be wrong. Or she is falling for a coworker idk. I'm lost and scared.
    Being angry and defensive can be a really bad sign. What was she doing on her phone last night when you turned away from her?

Not every kiss leads to sex. We hardly have sex cuz of are work schedules. I'm always affectionate. I spoil her really. Some people say I'm to nice of a guy maybe that's the problem.

I asked what she was looking at on her phone and she said she was looking for a movie on Netflix. I couldn't see her phone.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Then I'm sorry, but you need to walk away. She clearly doesn't feel right, otherwise she wouldn't be acting this way. Walk away and let her explore her feelings. She'll either realize that she was being an idiot and pushed you away, and in turn come crawling back, OR she'll realize that she was not longer in love with you, and you both will be better off.
    I agree with this. I think if you leave it will be obvious whether she wants you or not. If she just lets you go then it is obvious that she has being trying to push you out. Pack your stuff and tell her your leaving coz you cant be with someone who doesn't want you. Tell her you will be in touch to arrange a custody agreement in the next few days when you have yourself sorted out and to talk about a legal separation, property etc

The way she is behaving is extremely odd and even reading this is frustrating trying to figure out what the heck she is thinking. Well you are not a mind reader and you have done what you can. Whether you stay with her or go, you will feel isolated and alone. I couldn't stay in an icy cold atmosphere like this. its toxic

I just wanna say thank you all for taking the time and talking to me. I feel a little better. Ty....but idk what to do. I'm not ready to tell my parents yet.

Could you even go to a hotel for a few nights? The whole point of this is not to end your marriage. Its in the hope that she will realize she loves you and doesn't want to lose you and then she may be more open to getting marriage counselling

Did anything happen recently? The death of a loved one for example?

And she used to text me a lot more. She would text me when she woke up about 8ish in the morning. Now I don't get a text until like noon.

We're talking about it right now and she just says there is no reason and that she's sorry for being distant

Yes many times. Which leads to fights. Like we were the perfect couple. No fights no worries just love and happiness. Until two months ago. But when I'm at work(I work mornings,she works night) we text and there's tons of love and etc. But when I'm home she just shuts off. Like literally if I stop talking no one talks. If I stop kissing her there's no kisses. She just sit's there like I'm a roomate. Just completely shut Down.
    I think she's just tired. Get a good babysitter and take her away for an over-nighter where she doesn't have to do anything but enjoy you and her surroundings, a nice dinner and a relaxing hot tub (get a room that has one).

OP: Don't let people talk you into thinking that she's having some kind of affair. There is no proof that she is and putting shit like that in your head does nothing to help you and her get back the emotional connection.

She works full time and she looks after an 18 month old. She probably doesn't feel attractive or sexy and a woman's mojo starts working when her brain is engaged. She's checking out because she's lost her own identity as a viable, attractive woman (very likely).

I'm married and I've had children and I can tell you without a doubt that you need to start treating her like you and she are gf/bf and not the mother of my child.

Stop texting her and pick up the bloody phone and flirt with her. Texting is burdensome to someone who is busy and can't be bothered reading words on a screen without actions to back them up.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-08-13 at 11:46 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Like last night... She gets home about ten. I got our son to bed and cleaned the house so we could have time for cuddles and just to relax. She gets home doesn't seem to care that shes home. I get her to take a shower with me. Still no love. We get out I rub her body with lotion. After that we start making love. And shes just not into it at all. She won't look at me. Won't let me touch certain parts. So I just stop and roll over. She just turned on tv like nothing happened. She didn't ask why I stopped or anything. She didn't care. And we used to a have great passionate sex life. For the rest of the night I made it clear I wasnt happy. I stopped talking and everything....she just played on her phone. She did not care one bit. My heart's breaking... I'm pretty sure my marriage is dieing.
    She sounds depressed.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast