+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't girls pursue guys?

I think the concensus is actually that guys have sexual motives for being friends with a girl... "dating" hasn't much to do with it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I think the concensus is actually that guys have sexual motives for being friends with a girl... "dating" hasn't much to do with it.
    Yeah, dating, sex, that sort of thing. You guys don't believe it's possible for a guy to be friends with a girl just for the sake of friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I did once and it ended badly. Guys get turned off when girls chase them. It is a biological and social thing.
    There is a difference between initiating and pursuing or as you put it "chasing." I don't believe Guys get turned off when a girl shows initial interest by asking a guy out. They do get turned off if you continue to be the pursuer.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Yeah, dating, sex, that sort of thing. You guys don't believe it's possible for a guy to be friends with a girl just for the sake of friendship.
    What a waste of time to be platonic friends with a guy.

*teasing you now*

I prefer my female friends who I can talk dirty with without worrying that they will wana jump me
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Speaking as someone who has chased guys he's had feelings for before, I can imagine the woman doesn't want to put herself out there in case he doesn't chase her back... The woman would want it to be equal pursuit- both of them going after one another and never taking the other for granted.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's a test of manliness. Who wants a guy who sits in a corner whining about how girls don't chase them?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    The woman would want it to be equal pursuit- both of them going after one another and never taking the other for granted.
    ^^^ This.

I can imagine the woman doesn't want to put herself out there in case he doesn't chase her back...
    Exactly right

The woman would want it to be equal pursuit- both of them going after one another and never taking the other for granted.
    Problem is most women don't feel this way.....they expect the guy to do 100% of the legwork

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It's a test of manliness. Who wants a guy who sits in a corner whining about how girls don't chase them?
    Who wants a woman who shows no effort when a guy is interested in her?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    They do get turned off if you continue to be the pursuer.
    Nope, far from it

Quote Originally Posted by mikedoug View Post
    Problem is most women don't feel this way.....they expect the guy to do 100% of the legwork
    Do you personally know "most women"? Because from what you wrote, it appears you do not.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Do you personally know "most women"? Because from what you wrote, it appears you do not.
    Of course not, but everyone knows most women don't pursue. And because of this she feels she can just sit back and let him do all the work

Quote Originally Posted by mikedoug View Post
    Of course not, but everyone knows most women don't pursue. And because of this she feels she can just sit back and let him do all the work
    I don't know that most women don't pursue, therefore not everyone knows that most women don't pursue.

It is not true that most women don't pursue. You can either accept it (and deal with the fact that just because no woman has ever pursued you it doesn't mean that "most women don't pursue guys"), or you can keep living in your nice little sexistly reassuring delusion.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast