+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't girls pursue guys?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    So what? You can bitch and whine about it forever, but that's just the way it is.
    No one is bitching and whining. I stated a fact that was pertinent to the thread.

And people saying "it's just the way it is" is why society as a whole takes so long to change for the better.

I'm still baffled why so many women are content to sit back and wait for guys to approach them when they could have so many more options simply by taking on the same actions men are supposed to take.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are a lot of inequalities between men and women. Do you think women LIKE menstruating, childbirth, "glass ceilings", and double standards regarding sexual activity?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Bunching childbirth and menstruation in with everything else is odd to me because those are biological processes that no one can change.

As for the other stuff, I sure hope women don't like glass ceilings and double standards. I know I don't like them. Which is exactly my point. We should *all* make an effort to erase these things. I'm all for women acting however they want sexually and making just as much as men in the workplace.

And I hope that, in the same vein, women would want the dating playing field to be as even as possible, but I'm not holding my breath for that because, though many women complain about things like inequality in the workplace, many women also *don't* complain about inequality when it works in their favor.

Tell a woman her fiancé isn't getting her an engagement ring because it's unreasonable for a guy to spend that much money on a material possession while she doesn't have to spend a dime and watch the look of horror appear on her face.

Meh, I wouldn't want my bf to spend loads of money on a ring. I prefer heartfelt, not expensive gifts. You are generalizing and stereotyping.

There are women who like being pursued and there are women who like pursuing, and there are women who like both. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    YC, have you even read the thread? Before civil rights movement, if a woman pursued a guy she would have immediately been labeled as a "slut" or worse. Now it happens every day and nobody even notices. See the MAJOR difference?
    So there was a time when women didn't approach and another time where women didn't approach? My goodness. It's night and day!
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

I said that it happens every day now, and people doesn't even notice (hence threads like this). It is night and day.

Maybe an infinitesimal amount of women do..elsewhere in the world. Maybe 3-4 women approach first each day, whereas 10923984938 men approach first everyday. Quite disproportionate. It isn't night and day whatsoever.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Then we go into the argument that it emasculates men when women take on a mans role blah blah blah. A man needs to feel like a man blah blah blah. Women feel it's only proper to be pursued blah blah blah or they don't feel of value if the guy doesn't make the effort blah blah blah. Views will never change on this topic when it comes to the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Meh, I wouldn't want my bf to spend loads of money on a ring. I prefer heartfelt, not expensive gifts. You are generalizing and stereotyping.

There are women who like being pursued and there are women who like pursuing, and there are women who like both. Get over it.
    Nope. Though you can get over the fact that people have different opinions than you.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Maybe an infinitesimal amount of women do..elsewhere in the world. Maybe 3-4 women approach first each day, whereas 10923984938 men approach first everyday. Quite disproportionate. It isn't night and day whatsoever.
    This is a more accurate reflection of reality. No one here is "angry" about this fact or "bitching." We're just calling things as we see it. The original post was asking about women approaching. Reality is far, far more men approach than women. The reason for this is because most women have been conditioned to understand they don't have to approach. And, the way the dating game is set up, most women don't have to. That's reality. That's what the OP was asking about, all other derailments aside.

LOL HD, you're priceless... we've given you, on this thread alone, loads of examples of girls pursuing guys and you still can't accept it. Whatever, continue believing in whatever makes you happy, so you don't have to face the fact that if no woman has ever pursued you it probably means you aren't that attractive (not just physically) in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    The reason for this is because most women have been conditioned to understand they don't have to approach.
    Of course, because if women did approach, they would have been slut-shamed. Now it's loooads better than it used to be even just a few decades ago. And it will get even better - I'm in my early 20s and every single female friend of mine has pursued a guy at some point.

And, the way the dating game is set up, most women don't have to.
    This doesn't imply that we (a) don't want to; (b) don't do it. In fact, both a and b are false.
    Last edited by searock; 30-08-13 at 02:37 AM.

Lots of examples? By which you mean, all whopping 5? 5 unverifiable, anecdotal "evidence" of a change in dating trends? And I highly doubt it gets better from here: women are inculcated with a princess mentality. Almost all women feel extremely entitled. They wear fur because they think they're more entitled to life than exotic animals and that animals are supposed to die for their comfort. Women feel like Asians deserve to work in sweat shops so they can get Chanel purses and Victoria's Secret bras.

5 on a thread on a forum is a lot of examples, plus all the people I know in real life who have pursued guys (as I said). Meh, maybe it just doesn't happen so often in the USA? May be a cultural difference...

BTW, that's f*cked up about furs. I'm sure the majority of USA woman aren't like that.

He just like to blame women for his own short comings that is all.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast