+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Why don't girls pursue guys?

Good for you....still never stopped me from getting dates...

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Good for you....still never stopped me from getting dates...
    Was me rejecting your statement supposed to somehow retroactively stop you from getting dates in the past?

Not to boast.. I am pretty amazing.. but I'm not THAT magical. At least.. not for what people pay me on this forum....

You can reject it all day long, still doesn't change the fact I never had a problem with asking guys out, and it has been a positive experience for me.

Those guys were lucky you weren't raised with a sense of entitlement. Today's broads all figure the world owes them. Everyone is supposed to give them free passes and they can just pass it off as "I'm such a bitch" and that STUPID Marilyn Monroe quote.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

It's not how I was raised. It's my personality that challenged traditional gender roles.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You can reject it all day long, still doesn't change the fact I never had a problem with asking guys out, and it has been a positive experience for me.
    I think you missed that it was a joke. I wasn't trying to actually change your past. If I were able to go back in time and do one thing.. despite how important you are to me Smackie9....... it wouldn't be to change your dating life.....

Because men don't like being chase.

Believe me, I want to chase men so badly, but then I come off as "clingy" or "needy". The moment I don't chase, the dude up my butt like a thong.

I wanna be chased. VERY badly. I'd cut my arm off to be chased by a pretty girl. I'd probably kill someone to get chased by a pretty girl. I'd marginally stop short of having gay sex just to be chased by a pretty girl.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

See? It's the same thing:

men don't want to be chased
    women don't pursue guys

two blatantly false stereotypes... it's just what most people think because that's how they've been "programmed". Lots of people (male AND female) become more attracted to a person if that person doesn't seem interested... they want what seems unattainable. Plus, many guys need to "feel manly", so they might find it emasculating to be chased after rather than chase. Hence the misconception that ALL men don't like to be chased.

Same thing goes for women not pursuing: it's a misconception.

How stupid it all is. It's like, hey I should pull the pin off of a grenade and hold it in my hand because Hell, I think life could be a little tougher. It seems that there's no real time for maturity in life. Even adults act like children.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Wasn't whining about lack of sex, Toots.
    Yeah, at least not here.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1336 View Post
    Because men don't like being chase.

Believe me, I want to chase men so badly, but then I come off as "clingy" or "needy". The moment I don't chase, the dude up my butt like a thong.
    There's a difference between chasing and becoming needy and clingy. Texting a guy FIRST, for example, and letting him respond on his own time, rather than texting him 8 times a day and wondering wtf he's doing because he hasn't texted you back.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

I agree there IS a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Yeah, at least not here.
    Not ANYWHERE. Sex isn't a priority. Girl called me last night hinting I could go over there and get some...But I was too tired from a bike trip to the beach.

Yer a fool...............

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast