+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't girls pursue guys?

Why don't girls pursue guys?

Hypothetical situation

A girl has an opportunity to land her dream job. There's a 10% chance she gets it. There is another company that wants her if she fails to get her dream job, though this job is not as good as the dream job.

A girl has an opportunity to land her dream guy. There's a 10% chance she gets him. There is 1 other guy that wants her if she fails to get her dream guy, though this guy is not as good as the dream guy.

Both opportunities have extremely high risk of failure so:

The girl will pursue the dream job.

But the girl will not pursue her dream guy.

Why?

I'd only bother chasing someone who was showing some interest in me. There's no point in getting fixated on chasing one guy when there are plenty of other terrific fish in the sea.

Also, he can't be a 'dream guy' until I've been dating him long enough to know his positive and negative traits.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Women fear rejection just as much as men do.

Pursuing what you really want is not an easy task. If it was easy, everyone would have everything they want. Jobs are different.. because a dream job can encompass a lot of different companies. People, for the most part, are individuals, so passing up the chance on a "dream guy" could be potentially devastating... but then again, so could going for him and failing. Some women prefer never to try then to try and fail.

I did once and it ended badly. Guys get turned off when girls chase them. It is a biological and social thing.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post

Pursuing what you really want is not an easy task. If it was easy, everyone would have everything they want. Jobs are different.. because a dream job can encompass a lot of different companies. People, for the most part, are individuals, so passing up the chance on a "dream guy" could be potentially devastating... but then again, so could going for him and failing. Some women prefer never to try then to try and fail.
    you make it sound like there's only one great guy out there
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Guys get turned off when girls chase them. It is a biological and social thing.
    I agree, and the ones who aren't turned off tend to be fairly passive.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    There's no point in getting fixated on chasing one guy when there are plenty of other terrific fish in the sea.
    You can say the same thing about the dream job. So you're saying you wouldn't pursue the dream job either? Cause there's plenty of other terrific jobs in the sea too.

I'd only bother chasing someone who was showing some interest in me.
    Yet you probably expect the guy to chase you when you haven't showed any interest in him....double standard anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Guys get turned off when girls chase them.
    Less than you think

Bingo, they're just too afraid to admit it

People, for the most part, are individuals, so passing up the chance on a "dream guy" could be potentially devastating... but then again, so could going for him and failing. Some women prefer never to try then to try and fail.
    Exactly, if they never try, they at least can say they weren't rejected and this makes them feel better about the situation. They rationalize it and try to convince themselves they did the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by mikedoug View Post
    Bingo, they're just too afraid to admit it
    Not really - being rejected sucks whether you're male or female. A girl can be rejected too you know, even if she does no pursuing. For example, by guys who are only interested in sleeping with her and leave her the next morning without ever calling back. There really are countless situations in which even girls who don't pursue guys get rejected and it's no secret that we all hate it (guys and girls alike).

As a girl, I like the "flirting game" to be balanced out... I like it when we both get our turns to pursue, and to be pursued.

Who says they don't?

you make it sound like there's only one great guy out there
    People are individuals... and you can only see what is in front of you.. not the future. There are plenty of great guys out there... plenty of great women too. When you are fixated on the one you know you don't see the 10 others you haven't met yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedoug View Post
    Yet you probably expect the guy to chase you when you haven't showed any interest in him....double standard anyone??
    You do BnT a disservice.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast