+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Maybe I could`ve helped him...

Maybe I could`ve helped him...

I found out 2 days ago that one of my classmates killed himself.
    In the first two years when we were classmates we weren`t close, but in December we started to get along a lot more than before, to walk home together and talk everyday. One day, in December, when we were going home from school he told me that he is depressed, that he isn`t that happy guy he appears at school, that he has problems with his family, that he doesn`t really talk to anyone, and so on. I wasn`t feeling confortable because we weren`t that close to tell me all this, so I changed the topic even if he was willing to talk about this. After he told me this I saw that he was acting different and that he was looking sad almost all the time, but one or two weeks later he started a relationship with another classmate. I was pissed off, so I ignored the strange way he was acting.
    After I heared that he commited suicide, my first thought was that maybe if I wasn`t that selfish that day when we walked home and he wanted to talk; or before, when they were together and I saw that something was wrong with him... maybe things would be different for him now.
    It`s really hard to admit that he`s sitting in a coffin while I am writing this, and that I had the chance to do someting(doesn`t matter how small impact it would have-still more that nothing) I turned the other way.
    I never thought I could feel so much guilt... it suckes!

He's actually laying in the coffin, not sitting.

It probably is your fault.