+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life...

Life...

Why is life not always what it plans to be? At the moment my mind seems to be scattered everywhere, I can't seem to concentrate and I've become less sociable and more introvert. But also I've been pretty deppressed lately... and whats getting me down is:

1. Questioning my ability whether I can pass the course I'm currently undertaking.
    2. People in my life.

People seem to walking out of my life alot recently. Teachers who teach the I.B course I'm on are leaving, a friend left without notifying anyone...

Even my dreams are becoming "depressing" in it's self. However, I think the problem is maybe I'm scared of change? Old people leaving and new people entering is a pretty daunting thought, in the way that sooner or later, the old people will no longer exist other than in your memories. But then your memories deteriorate and then sooner or later become forgotten.

Sorry if the post in a bit jumpy, just trying to get my thoughts down as they come.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

indigosoul Guest
    You are questioning your life, which is always good, provided you don't let it take over your thoughts.

In my experience, becoming self-aware requires a lot of self discipline. Ppl don't seem aware of this part of it, in my opinion. It is well and good to question your life and what it means, but it is easy to get bogged down in this process in and of itself. Some ppl get stuck here and never "move on". They get "stuck in their own heads" so to speak.

My advice to you, Kiechi, is as old as the ages, really, but it presumably comes from the fact that MANY wise ppl have been through this very thing you are experiencing.

Recipe for dealing with life's problems:

1. Decide if an issue is something you can do something about. Only put your energy into those things. The rest will wait their turn.
    2. Think about your problem enough that you come up with most likely outcomes for given courses of action. Prioritize those for what is best for you and then take action.
    3. Remember to focus on what IS good about your life. It is NEVER all bad. But it is easy to psych oneself into thinking it is.

You are living in a place in the world where morale has taken a bit of a hit recently. Remember this and put it into perspective, Kiechi. Life is a gift, short and meant to be enjoyed. "Don't let the b*stards drag you down"...

There are others here who can add/modify these points, I'm sure. Hope this helps, Kiechi!

My favourite quote: Life sucks, deal with it!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

I went to new school and my new class is almsot fallen apart, and that makes me just sad. Its not only the girl I think I am fallen into, but the others also.

Things started to go bad since I started to trust my head more <

"All times bad luck, sometimes life sucks. Thats okay, I'm all right, it aint nothing but another day...", I love those words.
    Last edited by boobaa; 15-07-05 at 08:10 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    Ah, yes..the old "shit happens"...

The wisdom in these words, though, is that things truly are as important as you want them to be. Eventually you'll get to the point where you realize you can't do anything which may affect it anymore so you say "**** it".

Try to look ahead at the better times to come. Life's rollercoster ride, there's ups and downs. Take the knowledge from the downs and keep them from freaking you out the next time one swings around.

Effort: Most people are lazy, period. Keep yourself busy and work at positive things. This will yield positive results and snowball your way into happiness again..so to speak.

Your dreams are no more than reflections of your concious mood, so don't let them factor into more of a depressed mood. This is snowballing your way into depression.

In any case..I give you my vote of confidence. When I come back to the forum on Monday I'm sure I'll see a Quiche with a much improved mood!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if is something that you don't have total control over. you are given basically unlimited options, but to get to where you wanna get is even tougher than you think. with life, you are shown the path in which you should walk, yet they make you walk with a bunch of dummies who don't even know what they are talking about. in other words, the blind leading the blind.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    Also : "Life sucks, so kill yourself".
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ah Kiechi, tryin' to pass a class? Is that why you've abandoned us so?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    here's something for everyone to ponder about when they think about life after death. what did life feel like before you were born?? well if you can't answer that, it will feel the same after you die. basically you'll feel nothing different.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

don't sweat it quiche. whenever i get in a stressed out mood i just ask myself, "what is the worse that can happen?" and i usually realize my problems are not so big and it makes me feel like i'm in control again. like carl rogers says, life isn't without effort and disappointment.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    here's something for everyone to ponder about when they think about life after death. what did life feel like before you were born?? well if you can't answer that, it will feel the same after you die. basically you'll feel nothing different.

raverboy
    I've basically thought similar thoughts.

Tone Guest
    It's scary to think that after your life is over you just cease to exist... to me at least!

Kiechi -- Here's another oldie that might be useful for you:

"God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    the courage to change the things I can;
    and the wisdom to know the difference."

Ignore the God part if you want. The principle remains the same: Accept, change and know when to do either.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    It's scary to think that after your life is over you just cease to exist... to me at least!

Yes, your last thought stops and gets stuck in time. So make shure the last thoughts are good.
    Don't expect anything.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Y'know I desperately want to believe in an after life where I can see my cousin again, but in the end I think it's just wishful thinking...My doubts of a heaven or hell are not related however to doubts of God's existence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast