+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm told she is interested, but she is not sending signals or responding to advances

I'm told she is interested, but she is not sending signals or responding to advances

I'm really struggling to understand if this woman is really interested. A mutual friend, (who I know she confides in), has told me this woman is very interested in me. However, I do not get the signals she is interested. Every time I've asked her to do something with me she brings friends along. I suggested calling her to talk (as we live in different places), but she would rather e-mail. I'm not sure how to read her interest. The times we do talk we have great conversations. I do noticed increases excitement in her voice and sometimes a hidden smile, but why does she seem not to interpret my advances? I can't figure this one out...

Why have you not flat out asked her on a date. Be specific "i would love to take you on a proper date where we can spend time alone and get to know each other better" shes prob shy or nervous so man up and take control before someone else does
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Why have you not flat out asked her on a date. Be specific "i would love to take you on a proper date where we can spend time alone and get to know each other better" shes prob shy or nervous so man up and take control before someone else does
    It would be that easy if it wasn't for the fact we work together. I typically don't date coworkers, but I would hate for this chance to pass me. I do think you nailed it with shy and nervous though, however, with that it seems she would jump for the chance for me to give her a call instead of exchanging e-mail/instant messages.

I agree with michelle: she's probably shy and possibly unsure as to what to do because of the fact that you are co-workers. If you are 100% certain that you are willing to risk jeopardizing your job just to have a chance with this girl, ask her out on a proper date.