+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where are you supposed to meet girls?

Where are you supposed to meet girls?

I'm talking about girls who would be good long term relationship material (gf material). I'm not looking for girls who just want a hookup and I'm not interested in online dating.

I'm talking like just going up to a girl would be pretty creepy to her I would think. So how are you supposed to meet new people, without coming off as creepy. They always say meeting at grocery stores, at the mall, or on the train, but I would think girls just see that as creepy.

Cafe, mall, book store, park, bar (like restaurant bar in the early evening, not a club at 2am)
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

lalalita Guest
    I personally know a handful of people who met on online dating sites who are now engaged/married.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Cafe, mall, book store, park, bar (like restaurant bar in the early evening, not a club at 2am)
    So as a girl you wouldn't be creeped out if some random guy approached you at any of these places? What would be going through your mind when he approached you and started talking to you?
    Last edited by mattyguy1190; 26-08-13 at 03:20 AM.

Japanese restaurant, library, art movie, theater, dance classes, voluntery work, church, sport events. Depends on you where you ussualy spend your time.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Doing the cold approach thing sounds awesome in theory, but for a lot of guys its nearly impossible. I can't do it, its just not me. I have tried starting a conversation with women that I saw before and it just doesn't work, I can't be relaxed and be myself because approaching random strangers just isn't in my personality. I hear a lot of women say "just walk up and say hi". But its always just awkward and weird. Without some common ground like an activity or shared interest what are you gonna talk about? At the grocery store you can ask about a product or something but that's as far as it will go. There's gotta be a better way!

Go to all the events where you can meet new people. Such as friend's parties, social gathering, single parties, sports events, ect. You never know who you are going to meet. One very important thing is don't focus too much on just making friends with girls, make friends with male too. You might be able to meet a nice female friend through the male friend. Hope this helps.

Some reputable online dating sites like Match.com have live events where you can meet other members. I'm not a member of any online dating site but a friend of mine is. I don't find having some random guy approach me creepy unless he does it in a creepy way. I find that the usual pick-up lines turn me off. I have ended up in conversation (not dating though because I wasn't looking for a relationship) with a couple of different guys. I was standing in line at a restaurant and had just ended a conversation on the phone when the guy behind me said, "Excuse me, I don't want to sound rude or have you take this the wrong way but . . . what kind of phone is that?" I said, "A $39 one from Walmart". Him: "Must be hard to text on that key pad." Me: "I don't text. I'd rather hear the voice of the person I'm talking to. You can laugh, it's okay. My friends are always after me about upgrading." Him: "Actually, I find it kind of refreshing to find there are still people in the world who want to have a real conversation." We ended up sitting together for lunch.