+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just started dating...

Just started dating...

So, I've been speaking to a girl for about 3 or 4 months and have been on a few dates with her. I know I might be jumping the gun a bit, but should I be worried that she's still seeing other people and sleeping with other people?

She's 26, and I'm 28, so it's not like we're kids or anything. We haven't slept together yet, although it's pretty obvious that's where it's going.

We haven't talked about being in a relationship or not seeing other people, but should it bother me that she's still doing this? I have been cheated on in the past and I'm just not sure if this is normal at the beginning, or whether I should take this as a warning to be careful or stop seeing her.

I quite like her, but don't know where I stand or if I'm wasting my time y'know?

What do you think?

You have no right to ask her who else she is dating until you have the "exclusive" talk with her. Until then you should assume she may be dating more than just you. Once you're exclusive, relationship rules apply.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    You have no right to ask her who else she is dating until you have the "exclusive" talk with her. Until then you should assume she may be dating more than just you. Once you're exclusive, relationship rules apply.
    ^ Bingo.

Honestly, it's off-putting when guys ask you the big question "Are you seeing anyone else?" It makes you think they're out to compete or something sick and twisted. So, if I were you, I would try to find a way to casually bring up the topic of you two entering a relationship... And if she says, "YES, I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR YOU TO ASK ME!!!" you know you're golden....and if she says, "Um... Well, there's this thing that's kinda getting serious..." you know you need to duck out and run.

Hope this helps. :S