+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Genuinely ugly people don't exist"

"Genuinely ugly people don't exist"

I firmly believe that ugly people do exist. Also, there are naturally beautiful people and no amount of "artificial" beauty can change that. This includes changing your clothes, your haircut etc. Yet time and time again I read posts on LF where users say that one of these things:

*Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    *Someone will like you for who you are
    *You're not ugly, you just have low self-esteem/confidence
    *Personality counts
    and other things.

This leads me to think "do genuinely ugly people exist"? It seems that many members of LF give the impression that genuinely ugly people don't exist and it's a matter of changing one's clothes or one's attitude to life. Then you will be beautiful if you make changes like that. :rolleyes:

Is this true?

Some people are better looking than others
    Some people are more attractive than others.
    The people who are better looking are not necessarily the ones who are more attractive.
    Most people are not telling you that everyone is as beautiful as each other and that some people are not better looking than others. By giving you suggestions like get a nice haircut, they are only trying to help you become better looking than you already are but you clearly will never be satisfied unless you are perfect - something you will never achieve.

Yet men prefer natural beauty. Is this true or not true?

AG is unbelievably negative. That's a turn off. She has enough posts rambling on about not having a BF etc. etc.

And yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For all we know, I could find OP very attractive if I met her. It's a possibility cos it's completely subjective.

I don't talk about my appearance in real life. If you met me, you would never know I thought these things.

Why does everyone still waste their time typing out serious replies to academicgirl? You're all wasting your time and energy. Nothing will convince her that she's not ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by academicgirl View Post
    I firmly believe that ugly people do exist. Also, there are naturally beautiful people and no amount of "artificial" beauty can change that. This includes changing your clothes, your haircut etc. Yet time and time again I read posts on LF where users say that one of these things:

*Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    *Someone will like you for who you are
    *You're not ugly, you just have low self-esteem/confidence
    *Personality counts
    and other things.

This leads me to think "do genuinely ugly people exist"? It seems that many members of LF give the impression that genuinely ugly people don't exist and it's a matter of changing one's clothes or one's attitude to life. Then you will be beautiful if you make changes like that. :rolleyes:

Is this true?
    ...Who let you out of your dungeon?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The very big caveat to that is that we're all human, and we all evolved to value certain traits and features of the opposite sex. A large amount of this overlaps considerably, from which we get the idea of conventional attractiveness. Nobody is objectively beautiful, but they can be agreed to be beautiful through popular consensus.

That's just the way things are though. Everyone is dealt a hand, some get a good one, others don't. What is, is. How we play our hand is what counts.

AG, your one of the problems as to why some guys not getting a chance.
    You put yourself on a pedestal, when you should look at yourself, and see what you are doing wrong, seems like looks are mostly appealing to you, without getting to know their personality.
    The more you talk to someone, the more attractive they can become.
    The people that aren't shallow, have better relationships in my mind.
    OP, do yourself a favor, and stop posting these type of threads.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 25-08-13 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous.. View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The very big caveat to that is that we're all human, and we all evolved to value certain traits and features of the opposite sex. A large amount of this overlaps considerably, from which we get the idea of conventional attractiveness. Nobody is objectively beautiful, but they can be agreed to be beautiful through popular consensus.

That's just the way things are though. Everyone is dealt a hand, some get a good one, others don't. What is, is. How we play our hand is what counts.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, some features more desirable, some are dealt a bad hand... Why not just be blunt and say there are ugly people and there are beautiful people instead of beating about the bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    AG, your one of the problems as to why some guys not getting a chance.
    You put yourself on a pedestal, when you should look at yourself, and see what you are doing wrong, seems like looks are mostly appealing to you, without getting to know their personality.
    The more you talk to someone, the more attractive they can become.
    The people that aren't shallow, have better relationships in my mind.
    Of course I'm the problem since I'm ugly

Of course I'm the problem since I'm ugly
    thasssss right! I think your face probably looks like old ass. Am I right?

Give it up troll.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ugly people do exist. They're the ones who die alone.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

You might as well just kill yourself. You're too ugly, and there's no hope for you.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

wow guys why the harsh comments this a young girl who is extremely insecure nowonder she feels this way

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoHeat View Post
    wow guys why the harsh comments this a young girl who is extremely insecure nowonder she feels this way
    Omg fvck off. She posts the same shit every single day. If she really wanted to have a better life, she'd get off the computer and go something about it. We're all over it.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast