+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love or friendzone?

Love or friendzone?

There's this girl who seems to really care for me, how do I know that? Well I've had some issues irl and she has been trying to make me feel happy ever since then so I texted her with "I can't believe you're this nice to me, I really appreciate it, you're one of a kind" and she was like "You're super nice..that's really sweet..I just treat people the way I want to be treated. I also hate seeing people have bad times." So we kept going on and eventually I got this text "I wish there were more guys like you."

And here I am wondering whether I am in the friendzone or not. So does she love me? Is she interested or is it just her trying to be nice?

Does she love you? No (you don't know what love is if you ask this question)
    Is she interested? Probably, but you'll need to ask HER (not us) to find out. I think she is.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I'm afraid to ask her man she's still speaking with her ex. She says they're just friends but "friends" haha that never works after a break up so it's probably something else.

So what made me think I was in the friendzone? She told me that me and two other guys are her closest "guy friends." Please tell me I am screwed.

I won't accept being in the friendzone so please tell me what I should ask her. What would you text this girl if you thought she was interested in you and you really liked that her so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Itanimulli View Post
    I'm afraid to ask her man she's still speaking with her ex. She says they're just friends but "friends" haha that never works after a break up so it's probably something else.

So what made me think I was in the friendzone? She told me that me and two other guys are her closest "guy friends." Please tell me I am screwed.

I won't accept being in the friendzone so please tell me what I should ask her. What would you text this girl if you thought she was interested in you and you really liked that her so much?
    How old are you? I'm 28, so I wouldn't waste my time with a text, I'd either wait until I see her next and ask her out, or call her up all old-fashioned and tell her I'd like to take her on a date. (you MUST use the word "date" to avoid confusion).

Don't be afraid of rejection, life is full of it. It is best to get used to the idea now and apply the lessons forward.

I am 17 (fairly young for texting lol) so what would you recommend me texting her?

I am 17 (fairly young for texting lol) so what would you recommend me texting her?
    "I like you, want to go on a date with me?"

Damn man I'm not a pussy but a rejection from her would be a freaking hit in the gut. I'm really into her and I wouldn't want a rejection. Damn when you tell you it'd feel like a lowblow I really mean it. I'm just afraid she's trying to get with her ex again. I just hope not but who knows.

I don't think she's in love with you just yet... But I do think she likes you. Ask her out, champ.

Damn man I'm not a pussy but a rejection from her would be a freaking hit in the gut. I'm really into her and I wouldn't want a rejection. Damn when you tell you it'd feel like a lowblow I really mean it. I'm just afraid she's trying to get with her ex again. I just hope not but who knows.
    Hope is for pussies, fear of rejection is for pussies. A man takes action, and gets what he wants or admits defeat when he has exhausted all options. Right now you're standing in place because you're afraid of her reaction, and afraid of who she may or may not be talking to!

Trust me, if you do nothing, and she finds someone else, you'll spend a lot longer than you think wishing you had made a simple move.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Hope is for pussies, fear of rejection is for pussies. A man takes action, and gets what he wants or admits defeat when he has exhausted all options. Right now you're standing in place because you're afraid of her reaction, and afraid of who she may or may not be talking to!

Trust me, if you do nothing, and she finds someone else, you'll spend a lot longer than you think wishing you had made a simple move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I don't think she's in love with you just yet... But I do think she likes you. Ask her out, champ.
    Oh shit. Here we go. I'm coming for you and you better not freaking reject me girl. I'm a freaking winner and I'm not losing her. Shit you guys how to make someone feel confident.

Go for it, the worst outcome is she says she isn't interested and you both move on. I like to make a joke out of it if I get turned down

I'm going to do it. I will update you guys with the outcome. We'll all make a joke about it together alright?

Ask her out for coffee/tea, and find out about what she is really look for. Whether she says yes/no, then tell her no problem, will happy to be friends.

She says she'd like to go on a date with me this week if she does not have any tests or so. Should I be happy or?

Yes, you should be happy now call her back and tell her you'll pick her up at 7:00 on Friday (or whatever day is good for you) and tell her where you'll be taking her. Then ask her if that time is good for her.

Just keep your heart off your sleeve until you're sure she's not going to go back to her ex.

P.S. Good for you for taking that step to ask her out, glad the guys gave you such a good pep talk.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-08-13 at 09:49 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast