+ Follow This Topic

Thread: late birthday greeting from my boyfriend

late birthday greeting from my boyfriend

Hi guys.. I just turned 30 last Aug22. I was hoping that my boyfriend will greet me on the day of my big day but unfortunately he just greeted me the next day via email. I feel so bad about it and I haven't responded to him until today..

But before my birthday, we haven't spoken for two weeks. We have misunderstanding about him going out with friends until 4AM. I already emailed him my thoughts about it and said sorry if I have offended him and asked if we could talked. But he never responded. We have a long distance relationship I am a Filipina and he is an American, 45 years old.

I am not expecting him to give me gifts or flowers. I just wait and hope he will greet me on the day of my birthday and talk to me.. I am very frustrated right now and I am very down.. Could anyone tell me why does a guy forgets birthday or maybe he is trying to punish me? :'(

your comments are very much appreciated.. Thank you.

Warrior Princess

Seems like you guys have been not happy with each other for some time. How much do you guys into each other in the relationship? If you guys haven't spoken for two weeks, it seems is a bit too long for a couple.....but he did remember to greet you the day after your birthday, which means he still cares about you. You should reply to him and thank him for that, and use this chance to reconnect the relationship. Hope this helps.

He may be feeling disillusioned and disconnected over the discussion you had about him going out.

What was the misunderstanding about him going out till 4am? It's not like you were waiting for him to come home to bed.....so I can't imagine what the problem may be.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Have you and this guy actually met?

I think you should find another American. This one just turned the page on the Bride Catalogue and has chosen a new prospect by the sounds of things.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

This does not sound like a satisfying and happy relationship. There's no way I could have no contact for 2 weeks.. That's not love.. U dont go that long not talking for no reason. I would end this relationship now.

hi yanzg thanks for the response.. i just did respond today.. hopefully we will be able to talk again.. the problem is, everytime i express my feelings, he felt like I am trying to change him. I asked him in what waay i made him feel that i did try to change him.. and i also asked him what were those things that i am doing that he doesnt like.. i hope i could hear from him soon.. coz i dont think i can make it.. we already met last year. he was here for 1 week to visit me... we've been together for more than a year now.. he is an avoider type.. i am trying my best to understand him.. but it is hard coz we are far apart.. i dont know what to do.. maybe i should try to be more patient.. sigh.. but thanks to everyone who responded. i really appreciate your time..

hi basilandthyme. i've waited for him to come online that day (his evening but he was out with friends) and waited until in my evening (his AM). it is our routine to chat during those hours and i told him maybe next time he could text me so i dont need to wait.. he felt like i was trying to change him.. he said men always mess that up. and he also said, he will always have female friends and will continue to do dumb things with them.. i dont know what does he mean by those... i dont care anymore if what he meant, i just need to talk to him.. i dont know what to do anymore..