+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girlfriend help

girlfriend help

I have been dating my girlfriend for almost 5 months now. Everything has been great. She is not a super affectionate or emotional person. I am very affectionate. She recently said she likes me and being around me but may be at differnt stages of feelings. She also does not like talking about her or my feelings. whenever I try to talk about whats going on, like she has been acting different lately or anything about our relationship she gets upset and doesnt like to talk about it. So then it seems like the rest of the night is ruined. I have given her plenty of space, we both are busy with work and have our own lives to live. I just want to know any advice or thoughts. Thanks

She sounds very withdrawn. This is alright for some, but clearly not for you. You prefer affection and openness and you should probably be with someone more like you. But if you really want to make this work you really need to communicate with her. Don't allow her to ruin the night. It's not your conversation that's doing it, its her! Say "listen, we need to have a serious conversation about our relationship whether you like it or not." Don't let her get up and leave, don't let her get angry, because that's not what you're doing. Explain to her that it's not a fight, it's just a conversation that is essential to the success of your relationship, and that if she really does want it to work, she will have this conversation with you.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Thank You for the advice.
    It just recently started to happen. I wont say ruin the night but it can be that long awkward silence and then it just doesnt feel the same. With her being withdrawn, does that more or less say she isnt into the realtionship anymore?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcc517 View Post
    With her being withdrawn, does that more or less say she isnt into the realtionship anymore?
    Thanks
    No, I don't think so, she just has a different way of communicating and expressing herself. Sometimes people can work through this difference, and sometimes they can't
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Thanks, I told her I am working on getting use to the way she is, and she said she is trying to do the same, just seems less on her end. But I will sure try

It's only 5 months and you already have to work hard at your relationship?? Not a good thing. There is too much incompatibility, and this is why you don't have strong enough emotional connection....it's already starting to pull you apart. If things don't improve dramatically over the next month or so I would say it would be time to throw in the towel.

Start banging other women.

Quote Originally Posted by bcc517 View Post
    Thanks, I told her I am working on getting use to the way she is, and she said she is trying to do the same, just seems less on her end. But I will sure try
    IMO I don't see why you have to sacrifice what comes naturally to you in order to stay with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Start banging other women.
    Why do you promote cheating? Is that your solution to every relationship issue? And if yes, how does it solve anything?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Does she text/write email messages often? Maybe instead of talk to her about this issue, email her and get her to reply via email/text. Some people tend to reveal more of their inner feelings and thoughts when they have to type out the message. If she doesn't like email/text either, maybe she there is something in her mind that's prevent her express her feelings to you. Continue to communicate with her via different communication methods.

thanks for the replies everyone

thanks for the advice.