+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do about this girl? Advice needed.

What should I do about this girl? Advice needed.

I met this girl and we have been on 4 dates, things seemed to be going well and the last 2 dates ended with a proper kiss. The last date was 2 weeks ago now, she was still texting me after the last date and then the texting suddenly slowed down (she wasn't replying as quickly, when I say that I mean from 2 hours replies to 1-2 days).

I was under the impression that she was losing interest although I spoke to my mate today (he set us up together at his wedding as its his wife's best friend) and when I mentioned her to him today he was under the impression that I wasn't talking to her as much and it was me who wasn't interested (he saw her yesterday).

I did actually text her yesterday as I hadn't heard from her for a couple of days although no reply as yet. The problem is she goes away tomorrow on holiday for a week so I don't know if I should text again before she leaves. I do like her alot and she seemed to be keen, although I fear if I text again it might push her away even more.

Any opinions/advice of what I should do would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think that if a girl likes you, you can never push her away with getting in touch with her.

Have you asked her out while you were texting with her after the last date... maybe she was under the impression that you weren't interested!
    I think girls like dominant men, that take control.

You are a little late now for a date as she leaves tomorrow... but I think you should definitely send her a text and say you wish her great fun on a holiday and would love to see her again when she comes back, ask for her to get in touch when she comes back and then ask her out if she does. See what she says, and then all you can do is wait.

Good luck!

You asked this a week ago.....let's face it, you are not a priority and that means she not that into you. I'm guessing she wants things left open because she will be hooking up with someone while on vacation.

Yes I did Leslie, she said she was busy at the previous weekend although she might be free next week (this was last week). She then didn't text me much over that weekend so I text her at the start of the week but the texts were abit few and far between. I had the odd text off her, she did say one night that that was her only free night before the holiday but as I say the replies seemed to be getting slower so I thought she might have lost interest.

I did ask a similar question a week ago smackie9, although speaking to my friend today who saw her yesterday has got my mind wondering again what is going on. I though it seemed abit strange how she suddenly lost interest.

I do like her alot but don't want to look desperate which I'm sure will push her away.

You already look desperate.

According to my friend who spoke to her yesterday says I don't seem desperate (read the second paragraph), that's what's confusing me.

like leslie said,girls like men who take control, i think you should just call her instead of overthinking about the texts

If she's going away on vacation, she might be have been more busy recently preparing for the vacation - taking care of things at home and/or her job. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I think you should just send a short text before she leaves wishing her well on the trip. Then, when she gets back pick up the phone and call her to see if she wants to continue seeing her. Don't worry about seeming too clingy. You're over-analyzing her reaction to things that really aren't that big of a deal.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I would say she's lost interest. And, I wouldn't take the word of a guy who only has an "impression" of what's going on. Means he has no clue...

Put your energy towards someone who is equally as interested.

I think I have mentioned before....sometimes they just lose interest....realize they are not feeling it. Or she is going to be meeting up with someone on her vacation she has more interest in.

People aren't mind readers, you must communicate if you have any desire to get what you want!!