+ Follow This Topic

Thread: mixed signals may have just ruin my chance with this girl i like...

mixed signals may have just ruin my chance with this girl i like...

Long story short.

There's this girl I like at work.. at first, she had a boyfriend so as months went by I heavily resevered my feelings for her. As soon as I had heard she was single again I began to open up. I tried really hard to not show how much I liked her - I even confronted her about our relationship was just matual ATM. As time has gone by, like 3 weeks, we've been getting close. I would hug her everyday with no problem..

Now this is when it gets iffy: we write emails to each other like we normally would. She meantions she has been talking to another Guy she just met. I played it off cool because I wanted her to know that we are just friends.. later that day I give her my daily hug.. everything appears well. Afterwork she goes off telling a friendly Co worker that I'm hugging her too tight and that it needs to stop.

The disconnect for me is, why didn't she just tell me I was making her uncomfortable? It was never my intent to harm her or make her feel like she cannot have relationship with someone else.

My question is," am I at lost with this girl now that she voiced out her feelings towards my actions"?

You should be thankful that she told her friend instead of going to HR. Anyway, the reason she didn't tell you directly was probably due to the fact that she doesn't feel comfortable with you.

Anyway, don't sweat it too much - just chalk it up to a learning experience. And remember that hugging in the workplace is generally not cool
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

This was my conclusion aswell. But her response was so abrupt - she was very responsive before hand.

My only assumption that seems to hold weight is that I come off very flirtatious. I get told I'm a pretty boy a lot , so there's this stigma about me being some kind of player. When in reality I just like having female friends; only really been in 2 relationships.