+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why am I being looked at this way?

Why am I being looked at this way?

I'm a pretty successful singer and percussionist in my area. I love to perform and it gets me a lot of attention. However, I've been getting a lot of unwanted attention from married, commited men, and when they're not married, they still just want me for sex. I don't dress too sexy or provocatively. I do have a curvacious body but I know how to dress and I keep it classy.

I just want to know why do men take one look at me and think I'm some sort of easy lay. All I'm attracting are straight up douche bags who clearly tell me they just want to have fun.

Even one time I went on a date with this guy who seemed nice. He took me to a movie, he seemed like a gentleman and all. He took me home, afterwards and I gave him a peck on the lips good night. That was all. We didn't get sexual or heated in any way. The day after, he texts me a picture of his penis and asks what I would do with it. -__- I was so disappointed. After this, I kind of appreciated that those other guys that hit on me were actually honest and upfront about their intentions. However, I'm getting tired of being hit on by men like this. I want a serious relationship. I want someone that will want to get to know me before wanting to hike my skirt up. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on, PLEASE?!

Guy here. A dick pick is the sign of a low-grade man. Just don't go out with him anymore. It's just the way lots of guys are these days.

If you want a serious relationship, tell the guy that on the first or second date. That's what I tell my dates on the second date so they don't assume anything about me. If they can't handle talking like an adult about important issues, they are not the one for you.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

That makes sense. I thought there was something wrong with me, maybe I was giving off the wrong signals but that's not it at all! I act like a lady. Men desperate for sex seems like an on going epidemic. I know they're not all the same but lately, all the ones ive been running into are straight up idiots. I will do exactly just that, tell them what I want on the first date.

I'm still kind of mad at that guy I went out with. He was such an idiot. For a brief moment, he literally made me feel like I owed him sex because he took me to the movies. Good thing I know better than that.

It's where you are meeting these guys. Being a musician myself in the past, being hit on at gigs and the riff raff that went to the shows is the norm. I say meet people away from your profession, outside of the bar crowd.

IDK, I never assume anything about anyone until they show who they really are-- their true colors back to me. Lots of d-bags are at clubs, drunk ones too.
    The men are assuming you are a certain because they want you to be that way, because they want to **** you, simple as that.
    Who cares. Plenty of decent men around too, odd you can't seem to find one.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Like everyone said I think you should meet people/men away from your music venues. I say people because the more normal people you know, the more people who can "set you up" with the right guy. I also don't know if this is the case so please don't be offended but you may want to dress down. When I was single, I personally loved seeing a beautiful woman who was all covered up and not exposed and this is one of the many, many things I love about my Woman.

i do meet men outside of my gigs. it's all the same.. yes, it is odd i can't seem to find one. let's just say, if they're not a complete dbag, they don't fully accept what i do for a living. one time, i was dating a guy who was great to me but he gave me an ultimatum. either i would stop performing, or it was over. i chose my carreer. who does he think he is putting me in that position?

but then again, i get lonely too and it sucks. i think it has to do with the culture here. a lot of men here are very sexist. im starting to think i should relocate. but then again, my job is here... what a vicious cycle.

i dont dress too provocatively either...
    Last edited by danizephyr; 29-08-13 at 05:26 AM.