+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can not understand her? Why is she so difficult?

I can not understand her? Why is she so difficult?

Alright, well I started talking to this girl a month back...At the time I didn't think it was anything but friends until one of her friends told me she was interested.

So...I started making moves everything went well for a bout a week or so then she just started ignoring me...Initially I thought nothing of it and didn't really care, didn't contact her for a few days.

About a week after I stopped talking to her I get a message from her saying that she made a mistake and does like me. She also says she wants to speak with me Monday at school. I start messaging her on the weekend in anticipation for Monday.

Monday comes...I'm with her for a good hour and toward the end of break I ask her what she wanted to talk about...She just goes completely mute, won't say anything...and lunch ends.

Later on I ask her via text "I thought you wanted to speak with you"...She replies "Sorry I do weird things when I get nervous".

At this point I'm absolutely clueless...

Haven't really messaged her much since...am going to ignore her for a little bit again and deprive her of the attention that she craves so much.

She has said numerous times she likes me but I just think shes not interested in relationships...

I'm not sure what to do! Or what the hell she means by all this...almost like shes playing with me...making me think one thing and then doing something else...

What should I do? Pursue? Play it cool? Stop wasting my time?

I mean I do really like her and I'm not really interested in anyone else at this point in time.

Any idea what shes going through?

Novel complete, sorry for the length.

Thanks in advance.

LOL....If you look at some girls' brain through an X-ray, you'll actually see it's in the shape a of a yoyo.

She is playing games, so you back off, play it cool, and wait for her to come to you. Sounds like she wants you to damn near beg for her attention.

I don't know if she's deliberately playing games, but my advice is still the same as OTF: back off and let her come to you. In the meantime, don't wait around for her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Nah, I don't think she's playing games, she's probably just very anxious. Not being able to talk means she was *really* nervous. I don't think you should play games with her, it will only make it worse. Just tell her "I really like you, how about we go on a real date? We can go to ***, it's a lovely place by the beach" (or something like that). Be direct and calm and honest.

If she gives you vague excuses (or doesn't reply at all), forget about her and move on. If she agrees, you have a date!

i agree with searock, i don't think she's playing games, she sounds very nervous. when i was a teenager i used to get super nervous about dating, too, and do weird things, get really quiet, sometimes keep my distance and other times stay very close. i was just so nervous, i really wasn't trying to mess with the guys. as i got older i outgrew it.

the best thing to do here is to have an honest conversation. tell her you really like her, but that sometimes it's confusing when she acts in ways that make you think maybe she doesn't like you back. but that you think maybe she's just nervous. tell her that you're a nice guy (hopefully you are!) and that she doesn't have to worry so much. and also take searock's advice, ask her on a date! maybe that time that she said she wanted to talk she was going to ask you but chickened out.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    LOL....If you look at some girls' brain through an X-ray, you'll actually see it's in the shape a of a yoyo.
    this is some sexist bullshit, and not one bit helpful to the person asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by perth View Post
    ....this is some sexist bullshit, and not one bit helpful to the person asking the question.
    It might have been "sexist" if i had omitted the word "some". So, no! It's not "sexist" at all.

Besides failing miserably at comprehension, maybe you don't know what humor is either, so you didn't catch that.
    Last edited by toknow; 31-08-13 at 01:50 PM.

Yes it was sexist because you said "some GIRLS'", and not "some PEOPLE'S".

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Yes it was sexist because you said "some GIRLS'", and not "some PEOPLE'S".
    I can't believe I'm wasting my time answering something so dim.

I said "some GIRLS" because we were talking about a GIRL who seems to have a hard time making up her mind and being understood.

If it was a guy we were talking about, I would have said some GUYS....

It seems you have low self esteem, but that low?....come on

Regardless of the reason and of "what you actually meant": that statement per se was sexist. Back to ignoring your posts now, bye.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Regardless of the reason and of "what you actually meant": that statement per se was sexist. Back to ignoring your posts now, bye.
    The reason for the statement is what makes a statement what it is. The way you perceive it does not.
    Last edited by toknow; 31-08-13 at 06:58 PM.

She's a teen girl. She's in experienced, she's nervous, she's young. She doesn't know what she's thinking anymore than you do. If you don't like her lack of enthusiasm with pursuing you, then move on to the next