+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How did this happen ???

OH NO....why????

Quote Originally Posted by IWS2013 View Post
    OH NO....why????
    You should not "break" with someone several times in one week. You should not take or use these words lightly.

Now searock's portrait would be appropriate....LOL.

Don't worry, things can probably still be salvaged, but you are not making it easy.
    Last edited by toknow; 03-09-13 at 09:41 AM.

I was just acknowledging what she closed with: "please ERASE me from your life"
    For her, it seems, confirming these extremes from her makes her panic. She's neurotic. I'm not saying she'll reply....but I just went with her M.O. on this.

I hate that she's so sensitive
    BUT
    I love that she's so sensitive

In all honesty, I forgot about mentioning it to her family...it was in March !

I was just acknowledging what she closed with: "please ERASE me from your life"
    For her, it seems, confirming these extremes from her makes her panic. She's neurotic. I'm not saying she'll reply....but I just went with her M.O. on this.

I hate that she's so sensitive
    BUT
    I love that she's so sensitive

In all honesty, I forgot about mentioning it to her family...it was in March !
    It's good that she is so sensitive.

Well, things have still not settled, so she is at the emotional height of it. That's why I told you, it will not make things any better to talk to her right now. You should not respond to her, the way she does to you - at least one of the two of you should have control over themselves. And she will take that as an example from you.
    Last edited by toknow; 03-09-13 at 09:56 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get a room you two.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thanks Toknow. I tried to be as terse, yet, as much in control as possible in my reply to her.
    At this point, there really is nothing more to say to her.
    Will she contact me again? Not sure. Perhaps to scold me again.
    I know and can tell this is affecting her and that she is missing me and does love me (I got the best sense of that by phone)....so, fortunately, it's not a question of being "in love" with each other.

I will keep you posted, and thanks so much !
    If you are ever in NYC, I owe you a beer !!

Thanks Toknow. I tried to be as terse, yet, as much in control as possible in my reply to her.
    At this point, there really is nothing more to say to her.
    Will she contact me again? Not sure. Perhaps to scold me again.
    I know and can tell this is affecting her and that she is missing me and does love me (I got the best sense of that by phone)....so, fortunately, it's not a question of being "in love" with each other.

I will keep you posted, and thanks so much !
    If you are ever in NYC, I owe you a beer !!
    You are very welcome! You don't owe me anything I'm glad to help, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Yes, let me know how it goes and hold on tight....LOL.

She's back....

"That's BS!! My sister read the email to my Mother word for word. All of the attacks and accusations she has been making towards me since you sent it, come from that. So...hide it if you want, there is no denying what you said and did. I'm sure Brian still has it, so I will eventually see it.

Please send me your Mother's, Father's, sister's and brother in-laws email so I can discuss a topic about YOU that I feel is serious enough to warrant help!!!!

The only collateral fallout this has caused is between you and I. My family is my family, and they will always be there to love, support, help and protect me. You took it upon yourself to get involved in a situation you knew nothing about. What would ever make you think that involving and scaring my family about something you couldn't control, would be a great idea???!!!

Next time, I would think again about "throwing stones". "

WOW !

It would be funny for you to send her the emails of your in-laws....LOL.

But, don't do that. I still say hold tight, till she cools off, but it's up to you.
    Last edited by toknow; 03-09-13 at 10:58 AM.

OK....I hate being called out and called a liar.
    I feel like sending her the original mail from her Bro-in-law that says " I appreciate the heads up and I will speak to my wife tonight about what we spoke about."

Don't feed into her making this a big deal. It's not as big a deal as she is making it to be, so don't confirm what she is doing.

So, basically, don't reply, right?

I wouldn't. Let thing settle. She is too emotional right now - and saying things that she normally wouldn't.
    In a weird way, she might be using it to keep communication open with you, which in a sense makes her feel closer to you this way, then not talking at all.
    Last edited by toknow; 03-09-13 at 11:10 AM.

OK......not even just forward her the mail from her brother in law as a separate E-mail with no comments from me added or anything??

OK......not even just forward her the mail from her brother in law as a separate E-mail with no comments from me added or anything??
    Not even that, because the effect will be minimized even if it makes things better. But, again, it's your life, you will live with the consequences, so ultimately it should be your decision.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast