+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are we almost always the forgiving gender?

Why are we almost always the forgiving gender?

This has been wondering lately. It seems that a woman's love for a man is more unconditional than a man's towards a woman. I know that in the end everyone has limits but by the look of other forums I've been reading over the years and certain stories I heard about, it seems that a woman will be more tolerant and forgiving towards a man's bad actions while we're suppose to be the moral compass.

Examples: getting cheated on multiple times and taking him back, getting abused (verbally, emotional and/or physically) for years, getting string along if we move in with a bf or him actually saying ''I don't know if I want to get marry'' or ''I don't want marriage'' and girl still staying with him, loving an ex convict or yet forgiving a guy who killed someone and still visiting him in jail

The worst and absolutely disgusting case I've ever heard was about a woman who still forgave the man that killed her own family (even her own child) and was visiting him in prison. I can't even imagine talking to the man that hurt or kills my family.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 02-09-13 at 11:10 PM.

Apart from that most horrible thing I've just mentioned if a man insulted me or my family, tried putting orders or bringing excuses on why I shouldn't visit my family (the early stages of an abuser) that would already turned me off. Now with cheating, no way I'm going to forgive that.

I may try to work out other minor things such as him forgetting to keep some promises, wasn't punctual once or twice, forgot things, etc. but no where near the list I've mentioned that many women seem to tolerate.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 02-09-13 at 11:11 PM.

women are more nurturing, imo. being cheated on and abused and taking someone back is all about no self worth, and needing a man, not about love. women sometimes want to change someone and will put up with alot to create that change, and i think that is wrong, should move on and find someone better suited to make you happy.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    women are more nurturing, imo. being cheated on and abused and taking someone back is all about no self worth, and needing a man, not about love. women sometimes want to change someone and will put up with alot to create that change, and i think that is wrong, should move on and find someone better suited to make you happy.
    Exactly. What is so bad about being single that they are afraid of? Afraid of what if it's easier for us to find another man since we're the ones asked out anyway? And why rely 100% on a disrespectful man if we have more choices now?
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 02-09-13 at 11:20 PM.

I think it's because of society. It is structured in a way that women are made to feel like they need a man to "take care" of them, they are taught since a very young age to tolerate lots of things for the sake of "love", and so on. This is because not too many years ago, women were completely dependent on men, financially speaking. A woman couldn't work, she couldn't support herself. Therefore, she was forced to put up with whatever the men in her life did, because she simply had no other choice.

Thankfully, this is changing (it's already MUCH better than it used to be just a few decades ago), at least in most western societies. Even though we still have a long way to go (in terms of equal salaries and so on), women are now able to work and are allowed to support themselves. However, some of that mentality has remained: after all, it has been a very sudden change, compared to all the centuries of subjugation. We are still adapting. Women will become more and more independent and with such independence, concepts like "accept anything for love" will gradually stop being part of a girl's education.

I am not saying that girls are actually told that they need a man to take care of them: it's just part of the mentality they grow up in, and it's a mentality that is fading nowadays.

Just take a look at our generation and the generations before it. Now most women wouldn't put up with abusive husbands and so on. It happens, of course, but it's not the norm. Just a couple generations ago, it was perfectly normal for women to endure pretty much anything their husbands wanted of them. For example, a husband was allowed to rape his wife whenever he wanted, and he would legally get away with it.

Things are changing, slowly but steadily. There's still work to do.
    Last edited by searock; 02-09-13 at 11:32 PM.

Because woman is naturaly more passive. And there is more women in world than man too. I think women are realising that they are just a rubber holes where you can stick in anything.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

True searock, things are changing but even so, many girls from my generation (I was born in 1987) that have all the resources available still are going back for some more. One great example is the celebrity Rhianna. She was talking to Chris even after what he did yet she's wealthy herself and is younger than me.

Well Rihana cheated on Chris so his anger was the pain he let out on her. I noticed that in good relationships guys can stand up forthemself and dont let woman roll over his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Well Rihana cheated on Chris so his anger was the pain he let out on her. I noticed that in good relationships guys can stand up forthemself and dont let woman roll over his personality.
    So if a woman cheats she deserves to get hit? What ever happen to dumping the cheater and never speaking to them again? It's that so hard??

Also, he must have had anger issues way before the suppose cheating. There is no good reason to hit anyone other than in complete and true self-defense.

She caused pain in his heart but he on her face. Everything is fair. How about old good italians killing their wifes for cheating on them? If you want gender equality here it is. If it would be ok for a woman hit a man for cheating then it works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    She caused pain in his heart but he on her face. Everything is fair. How about old good italians killing their wifes for cheating on them? If you want gender equality here it is. If it would be ok for a woman hit a man for cheating then it works both ways.
    Emotional pain is a burden that it's dealt with time but at least they're not committing a felony. Assaulting someone is a felony and will land you in jail.

A cheater (male or female) deserves to get dumped immediately. Trying to even reasoning with a cheater (even in angry) is already wasting your time and you're indirectly giving more power to them and telling them ''You affected me too much that you must be too important to even make me have a reaction''. You're not winning. You're losing.

And how exactly do you know she cheated. You're just saying that because you have issues.

The times are certainly changing. I do see not only women but TONS of men using this forum with issues such as gf cheating, being emotionally abused in the relationship etc. There are plenty of men out there feeling hurt in a relationship too but finding it very hard to leave. I think it really depends on the individual. There are lots of women that would leave a man that did her wrong without looking back. Women now have options and if we are 30 year old singles, we aren't no longer labelled as "old hags that have a better chance in getting hot by lightening than getting married" but as cougars instead!

I think it feels better to beat up cheater before dump. In america fighting can end up with jail but where Im from police do nothing about it unless its heavy hitting(more than broken nose). otherwise you can sue someone who touches you but cheaters can be sued too I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoonSal View Post
    True searock, things are changing but even so, many girls from my generation (I was born in 1987) that have all the resources available still are going back for some more. One great example is the celebrity Rhianna. She was talking to Chris even after what he did yet she's wealthy herself and is younger than me.
    This is because things are changing, but they aren't already changed entirely. Some of that mentality is still present.

You want genter equality only when its benefits you. Still when it comes to dates you dont like to pay but expect MAN to got it. What about family role model where MAN is the main provider. And expecting man to say world like " I love you" and "Will you marry me" first? You can say what you want little pussies but the fact that - women dont put themself in vulnerable positions as often as man and yet want some kind of imaginative equality, will never change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast