+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex Nostalgia

Ex Nostalgia

Hi there all.
    nice to meet you all.

From July of last year till December, I had a relationship with a lovely young lady. Around 2 months into the relationship she got very ill, and I supported her through that. I without doubt fell head over heels for her, and we were smitten with each other. Over the months of her progressive recovery, with many side-effects, however, she grew more distant and found it difficult to be in a relationship. I don't grudge her for that at all, though, it was a very difficult time for her. We decided to call it a day at the end of December, and we stayed friends for a few months, which brings me to now. At the end of the relationship, in the last months, I felt though very pushed out and depressed by how it ended, like a slow decline and convinced myself that she didn't care much about me

I will be the first to admit that I misread alot at the end of our time together. She did care, she just wasn't capable of showing it.

I have in the last few weeks began to think alot about her, daily popping into my mind. I have a set of music that reminds me of her, mainly songs that were played often around the summer of 2012.
    Basically, I have very strong nostalgic feelings for her and it is driving me mad. I can't get her out of my head, but the memories of the hurt I felt at the end are still strong too. Any advice?

What do you want?

My advise may sound a little crazy, but I say jump into the painful ocean of memories. Let the memories come back. It is beautiful and painful at the same time. You feel that you are alive, sadness and the beauty of deep love for someone is a rare feeling in a life of a man. After that it is you who will win, because you become a stronger person.

And at the and of the day your character development that counts.