+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I call a guy who didn't call me after we hung out friday?

Can I call a guy who didn't call me after we hung out friday?

So, I was in an off again/on again relationship for over a year. In May a new guy who is my friend on FB messaged me and suggested we hang out when he was done moving into his new apartment. I said OK.

So, I cancelled on him once because I got back together with my ex. Me and my ex are officially done (we haven't talked in over a month and I have no desire to see him). Anyway, on Friday the new guy texted me Friday asking if I wanted to meet up. I told the new guy OK if he picked me up and drove me back. He agreed. I had told the new guy i just got out of a relationship.

Like a dummy on the date I vented to the new guy about my ex. I went to the new guy's apartment and we made out (did not sleep together just kissed).

The new guy seemed into me, and I liked hanging out with him. When he dropped me off he asked if I would take public transportation to hangout with him and I was like "driving is faster". I just bought a new car so I *could* conceivably drive to his place, but parking would be a hassle. I did not tell him I had a new car.

So, he hasn't called me. Did I screw up by venting about my ex? Can I make an exception and call him? On one hand I want to have my pride and blow him off on the other I want to make the teeniest exception since I did vent about an ex...

Advice?

God, you sound like a pain in the ass and a princess.

First you blow him off, then you bitch about your ex all night, then you become a prima donna because he asked you to not make him drive to get you?

I think you need to work on your dating skills. Meanwhile, leave him alone. No way he's interested after that performance.

He doesn't want to pick you up anymore after first date? That's how he really is "into you". If it was serious he would call you already. Forget him

Even though you think your over your ex, you're not. Or you wouldn't of spent time talking about him with another guy. Why don't u give dating a rest and get over one guy before getting involved with another. It will increase the chances of your next relationship working out I bet

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    God, you sound like a pain in the ass and a princess.

First you blow him off, then you bitch about your ex all night, then you become a prima donna because he asked you to not make him drive to get you?

I think you need to work on your dating skills. Meanwhile, leave him alone. No way he's interested after that performance.
    Agreed. I can't see how a dude with any self respect would want to see you after that "date."

So, I figured now was no time to show pride. In school today some dingbat had put up a self made poster about Greece (this guy is 100% greek). So I thought I'd send him a pic of the poster and say "look what I made for you" and see what he did. I thought if he didn't reply I could easily say "oh that was meant for someone else". He wrote back "What did you make"

I didn't reply.

Then I texted "I have a car"

He said "awesome congrats"

Then I sent him the pic of the Greece poster someone at school made. I sent this a couple of minutes ago.

I mentioned I had a car to hint I would drive to see him. I actually feel better about it having show absolute disregard for pride and ego by texting him whatever I wanted. Funny how that works.

Wooooooow. You think that was some giant, Atlas-Shrugging leap of faith?

The guy was clearly short with you and uninterested. Try suggesting that you go see him...

Quote Originally Posted by nineliveseight View Post
    So, I figured now was no time to show pride. In school today some dingbat had put up a self made poster about Greece (this guy is 100% greek). So I thought I'd send him a pic of the poster and say "look what I made for you" and see what he did. I thought if he didn't reply I could easily say "oh that was meant for someone else". He wrote back "What did you make"

I didn't reply.

Then I texted "I have a car"

He said "awesome congrats"

Then I sent him the pic of the Greece poster someone at school made. I sent this a couple of minutes ago.

I mentioned I had a car to hint I would drive to see him. I actually feel better about it having show absolute disregard for pride and ego by texting him whatever I wanted. Funny how that works.
    Are you 12? Why would you send such pointless messages?! First one was a blatant lie. Then you ignored his question and told him something completely unrelated to the potential conversation that could have begun (which would have been based on a lie). Then you proceeded to text him the picture of a poster someone else has done, without even telling him "this is what I made" so as to make him see the connection between your first message and the pic. Wow.

What the hell stopped you from simply calling him without making such a fuss? If you liked him you should have called him, apologized for being such a douche on your first date (for talking about your ex all night) and asked him out on another date. You should have also volunteered to drive to his place.

You definitely need to learn how to communicate and to be less selfish.

So he replied to the pic I sent with "lol you didn't make that for me but I love it just the same"

I said "Do you forgive me for talking about my ex when we hung out"

He said "You can make it up to me but its cool"

I said "I can make you spanakopita"

He said "You can make that? Do you want to be the first to cook in my kitchen"

I said "Do you have supplies like a bowl and knife"

He said "I. Do. Not."

Then he said he was taking the train home and if I was in town we could hang out. I said I was home studying.

I don't get it. Is he just a flirt?

No he's not just a flirt, you're just an idiot.

He doesn't sound very interested, but he does sound open if you are willing to put in the effort. That means setting a time and place.

I might have to take a break from this forum(wouldn't you all love that). It seems like virtually every new poster is a complete ****ing idiot, incapable of basic comprehension.

If by "put in the effort" you mean "chase him" that would be ---ing idiotic. I get that I'm on the rebound, but I don't really want to chase a guy.

I guess I'm thinking maybe he's just not into chasing girls at this point in his life so any girl who likes him has to chase him? Is that possible? By the way, don't you have a more intelligent way of expressing yourself than curse words? Are you a gangsta rapper who dropped out of third grade with your **** this and ****ing that...
    Last edited by nineliveseight; 05-09-13 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nineliveseight View Post
    If by "put in the effort" you mean "chase him" that would be ---ing idiotic. I get that I'm on the rebound, but I don't really want to chase a guy.

I guess I'm thinking maybe he's just not into chasing girls at this point in his life so any girl who likes him has to chase him? Is that possible? By the way, don't you have a more intelligent way of expressing yourself than curse words? Are you a gangsta rapper who dropped out of third grade with your **** this and ****ing that...
    You really are stupid if you can't see the games you play and then expect a guy to be interested in you. If he's anything like some men, he'll use you like your first boyfriend did then dump you and get back long enough just to wet his unit one more time.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Sure you know me so well. Vulgar cow. Why don't you go to a psychiatrist to be medicated for you disgusting ideas. Freakshow headcase.

Evidently I do:
    So, I was in an off again/on again relationship for over a year.
    Translation: I's a booty call.

If you actually mean it when you say you don't want to chase a guy then quit contacting him all together and let him come to you. If he doesn't then I'd not blame him but at least YOU'LL know by his actions that he wants you to make the decision as to whether or not you want to be his booty call. (that means you do the asking,)

He has zero real interest in you for anything more then that.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 05-09-13 at 03:16 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I know I should stop contacting him. But, I'm on the rebound and I was nasty to him before so I think I can concessions and message him for a little while until he gets to like me more.

Also he does text me once every week or so. But, since i"m on the rebound I'd want to see him every few days.

Also, he may not text as much because he is in the process of moving. he lives out of state and is only in town one or two nights a week. That is why he has no silverware or anything in his kitchen...

When he first contacted me he said we could hang out when he was settled into his apt.

I don't think eh wants me to be a booty call since he is very talkative when we do talk about his life and tells me personal things. From what I've heard guys usually want to keep booty calls strictly business. Also, if I say I can't hang out he keeps talking to me.

Some guys will be like "ok bye" or not reply but he'll message back something else like "oh what are you doing?" or something funny.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast