+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It hit me more than usual today...

It hit me more than usual today...

Today I got an invitation to an awards ceremony for local artists in my area. The invitation is for myself and a +1. I got excited and started shopping around online for dresses and shoes but then, it hit me... I don't have a date. There's absolutely no one I could ask to be my date for this awards show. I'm usually the strong female type. Independent, outspoken, and I don't let anyone get me down. However, for some reason, today when I realized that I didn't have a date I started crying my eyes out. It started as a simple "damn, I don't have a date for this thing" to "damn, I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life!." Pathetic and stupid, I know but I've been getting more sensitive about this as time passes. I didn't use to care but now, it's all I think about as if I have some internal clock saying it's not normal for me to be single for this long and at this age. I guess, I've always thought that I'd find someone at this point in my life. I don't know what's wrong with me. Lately, whenever I think about my lack of love life, I get this deep, puncturing pain in my chest and the immense desire to cry. My heart is broken from not having anyone to love. Cheesy, I know but this is happening to me and it sucks. If anyone has any advice on how to deal, then reply. Please don't make fun of me, I've already done that to myself enough today. I can't believe I'm getting this way over not having a date but I can't help how I feel.

Sometimes this happens because people are too focused on their careers to care about a relationship and/or they think they are too young to start looking (you are never too young to start looking for your other half), other times it's because they haven't found a match, but whatever the case we live with the consequences of our decisions.

I don't think it's too late for you to find someone, but if your case is the former, you have to start taking a relationship more seriously and give it its dues, or else don't be surprised you are in this situation.

That said, it's not a problem at all for you to find a date, especially now days with the internet, etc. people are extremely connected and the same time physically disconnected from one another. Just ask someone, even a stranger if it comes to that. You have no excuse not to have a date for that event.

If worse comes to worst tell me what city you live in, I'll find you a date....LOL.
    Last edited by toknow; 03-09-13 at 02:42 PM.

You don't really need a guy to go with u do u? It's not like a dancing event where it would be awkward dancing with another female lol. So bring your closest female friend or family member , someone that supports u and makes u feel good about yourself. I'm not sure how to meet a good guy so I can't give any advice there.. I found my bf by a fluke.. I hope it happens for u soon, best of luck hope u enjoy the event

Well its good that you can feel pain. That shows that you still alove. You remind me myself at age 17. Same flame in the heart. All you have to do is chill out dont be afraid tp be alone and when you gona take this thought with ease it will be easy to find a boyfriend cause it will not be so big thing anymore. Its importand to belive in yourself and live with a thought that you want someone to talk to(it helped me) and when you find someone atractive then start talk before you have time to think and then just a little spontaneos action can do magic. its actualy not that hard to do the first stepsName:  cover-diagram.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  92.3 KB
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Don't be too hard on yourself. Everybody has bad days. You just have to pick yourself back up and remind yourself that it's not forever.

There's no one right time for people to meet "the one". Some people find somebody at a young age and live a good life together. Some it takes a while longer. Some think they've found the right one at a young age, but that end up wasting years of their life being miserable with that person. Others don't find somebody until much later, but say it was well worth the wait. It's just a different convoluted path for everyone.

If having a lasting relationship is important to you and you're willing to make it work, you'll find someone. Don't let yourself get too discouraged. Just try to have fun meeting people, and let it lead where it will. It often happens when you least expect it.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy