+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She dumped me on vacation.

She dumped me on vacation.

So my girlfriend and I decided to take a vacation to the west coast in California to visit some friends and celebrate us being together for 1 year.

Well, 2 days into our trip.. She started acting distant with me. She would give weird body language when I put my arm around her and stuff. I thought maybe she was just in a mood, but it continued for another few days. I finally said "hey what's up? Something wrong?" And she couldn't even say anything. I kept trying to cheer her up but nothing was working. Finally I asked her "Are you interested in someone else?" (We were staying at a house full of a bunch of guys and girls our age). She still wouldn't say anything. Finally I asked her "Do you want to break up with me or something?" and she said "yes".

This kind of blew me back a little bit, since she was very attached to me. I started to have kind of a panic attack which I'm sure didn't help my situation, but I kept calm and wasn't mean or spiteful. I decided to just give her some space and drink with my friends who we were staying with. The booze kind of helped me relax and ease my nerves, smoking pot as well.

During the vacation, she stopped sleeping next to me too. She said she had no desire to have sex with me anymore or to kiss me. Then I just got angry. I told her that I couldn't believe she was doing this to me on vacation. I had to make huge sacrifices in my own personal life to plan this trip. I did it for her and I thought it would be a great time, but it just turned into a miserable horrible time. I can't believe how selfish she is. How she could just do this to me. I have no idea if she cheated on me with someone else, but I'm just going to hope she didn't and not ask for the answer because it would crush me.

After I yelled at her for a bit, she kept talking about how she made a mistake and she loved me.. I told her she made me sick to my stomach and that I want her to get all of her stuff out of my place when we get home. She started to cry, I felt bad.. I just walked away and went to hangout with my friends while she sat in the house and talked to some guys there.

At the end of the trip, my friend told me not to bring her back next time I come visit them haha.. I don't plan on it.

When we got home, my plan was to just go no contact with her. I didn't want to be friends with her anymore or talk to her. How can I be friends with someone who's so inconsiderate to their partner to dump them on a vacation together? She kept texting me saying she wanted to hangout with me, but I've been ignoring her. I've replied to her texts with short sentences and one word answers. Today, she didn't send any texts.

I think today is the mark of my new beginning as a dignified man. I had put up with her immaturity and "princess" moments for way too long. The only reason way I will talk to her again is to set up arrangements for her to get her stuff back.

Good for you. I'm glad your being smart and mature about this. I've never understood the whole friends with my ex thing. To me it sounds like some needy thing. Break ups are hard but a clean break and spending a few months getting over them is better than being "friends" and one person is still hoping the other will come back one day. Then it just takes even longer for the person to get over them. A clean break is ideal when theres no kids involved and I hope u find a girl who will treat u right.