+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just joined a dating site and already 135 guys want to meet me.........

I just joined a dating site and already 135 guys want to meet me.........

I just joined a dating site and already 135 guys want to meet me , it's not even been a day since I created my account. Actually I just made the account only 12 hours ago believe it or not.Also I have over 170 messages to read through

Are guys on dating sites just happy/desperate to meet any girl???

Back when I was still actively dating around, I sometimes tried classified ads and dating sites. And when I went out with women that I met this way, I compared responses. It was typical for me to get just 5 or 6 responses, while the women got at least 50. Part of that is just people following standard gender roles, including the part where men are supposed to ask women out.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

It depends on what site u are on usually. If you are on a site u have to pay for, usually the guys are serious bout dating. But a free one, some are looking for a relationship. But most are looking for a one night stand. Are your pictures "sexy" in nature? If so they are definetly seeing if u are easy and will meet for a night.

Women always get tons more responses.. and I bet more than half of them are generic, and not really focused on you. This is pretty standard though, you'll have to weed through a lot of men if you want to find the right person on sites like that. Pay sites are traditionally better, as you're dealing with only men who are willing to shell out some cash just to talk to you. You'll still receive plenty of responses either way though...

In the online dating space, women can get bombarded by men.. and on the opposite end, men rarely receive replies especially from the women they are most interested in simply because they have no clue what to expect from the situation, have no grammar or online etiquette, and don't understand the odds and what needs to really happen to stand out in a sea of 300 e-mails.

No I'm not dressed sexy well here are some of the recent messages I've just received haha

"Wow you are a super sexy woman let me have some of you! Lol xx

"hello beautiful,
    To me your main profile pic is perfect and I like your user name because it sounds bad but sexy
    what kind of music do u enjoy listening to ? because I enjoy listening to all sorts of music while I am cooking and reading
    I will be looking forward in to hearing from "

"You went bad too? What did you do? I stopped drinking lactose intolerant milk and went for the full thing. "

"hey, how are you? If your personality is as good as you look then I would sure like to take you for a drink sometime! x"

"Well hello there
    You certainly caught my eye
    How's your summer been?"

"Hey, I've noticed you on here and I find you very attractive. Will you....... Let me take you out? x

"u remind me of a girl i once fu*ked"

"Hello young girl, hope you are well, I was going through your profile first photo where you smiling that's perfect but in another photo where you holding phone that's not bad as well.... Hmmm all look nice... I really liked it, you look so cute in your photos n I like your simple profile...., I am just looking to make some new friend.....you can reply me back I don't mind...see you soon....byeee"

"i would do some bad bad bad things to you"

"Been a member for 2 minutes babe and I don't wanna look no further lol you are gorgeous xx"

"oi oi "

Hello Good girl :-(
    Hope you're having a great weekend so far, may I say you look stunning, I bet you get millions of messages :-) hope you see mine haha take care Richard, x

"Your place or mine?"

How do I spot the players?
    Last edited by anonymous..; 04-09-13 at 10:44 PM.

Uhm..based off what you posted above, most of what you quoted.

Most of those men probably want sex from you. You probably only have a handful that are serious. I wouldn't be impressed.
    Last edited by Starnique; 04-09-13 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous.. View Post
    "Wow you are a super sexy woman let me have some of you! Lol xx"
    Maybe. If he's joking (as his smileys indicate), he might be fun.

"hello beautiful,
    To me your main profile pic is perfect and I like your user name because it sounds bad but sexy
    what kind of music do u enjoy listening to ? because I enjoy listening to all sorts of music while I am cooking and reading
    I will be looking forward in to hearing from "
    Creepy. No.

"You went bad too? What did you do? I stopped drinking lactose intolerant milk and went for the full thing. "
    Wtf? No.

"hey, how are you? If your personality is as good as you look then I would sure like to take you for a drink sometime! x"
    Obnoxious. No.

"Well hello there
    You certainly caught my eye
    How's your summer been?"
    Yes, he sounds pretty honest and straightforward.

"Hey, I've noticed you on here and I find you very attractive. Will you....... Let me take you out? x
    Maybe: he sounds pretty honest and straight forward too, but I don't like that he thinks he should "take you out", you're not his pet.

"u remind me of a girl i once fu*ked"
    Hell no.

"Hello young girl, hope you are well, I was going through your profile first photo where you smiling that's perfect but in another photo where you holding phone that's not bad as well.... Hmmm all look nice... I really liked it, you look so cute in your photos n I like your simple profile...., I am just looking to make some new friend.....you can reply me back I don't mind...see you soon....byeee"
    Creepy. No.

"i would do some bad bad bad things to you"
    No.

"Been a member for 2 minutes babe and I don't wanna look no further lol you are gorgeous xx"
    No (he's lying).

"oi oi "
    Wtf?

"Hello Good girl :-(
    Hope you're having a great weekend so far, may I say you look stunning, I bet you get millions of messages :-) hope you see mine haha take care Richard, x"
    Maybe. He likely sends this to every girl he likes, but this doesn't mean he can't be nice. Try talking to him.

"Your place or mine?"
    No.

Most of those messages sound really fake and unspontaneous.
    Last edited by searock; 04-09-13 at 10:45 PM.

sigh... and thats what I'm talking about... I would stand to bet a great majority are nonsense like that.. it makes me sad to tell women I've online dated if they've experienced what you're experiencing right now. For men like me that actually would put thought and real humor in my responses, it pains me to think how likely I would usually get drowned out by guys like that.

Even still I used to do pretty good though...

Oh also, if they don't actually put some real responses that directly relates to your profile.. you should discount them.... you want to know that they actually read your profile before they contacted you, don't you? Granted, many women also look at pictures and if the guy is attractive they'll respond.. but consider looking at the guys that actually take time to read and respond in correlation to what you've already posted.
    Last edited by LifeInflux; 04-09-13 at 10:46 PM.

"With a face like your's even man fall like dominous"

"You don't look that bad from your pictures! Is there a drug addiction I need to know about..? Or maybe a murder trial your going through? "(he's cute though)

"Thats an incredible smile. Drew me straight in. Keep it!"

"I won't copy and paste my messages cos I've got something important to say - I've just seen you walking down the street picking your nose! "

I never knew online dating could be hilarious

lol thanks searock.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post

Oh also, if they don't actually put some real responses that directly relates to your profile.. you should discount them.... you want to know that they actually read your profile before they contacted you, don't you? Granted, many women also look at pictures and if the guy is attractive they'll respond.. but consider looking at the guys that actually take time to read and respond in correlation to what you've already posted.
    I think you are right I'm sick of these generic messages from most guys they obviously not bothered reading through my profile.

If you're late teens/early 20s, reasonably attractive or better, with no baggage- basically you'll be hounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Love is war View Post
    If you're late teens/early 20s, reasonably attractive or better, with no baggage- basically you'll be hounded.
    Why that age range? Isn't being attractive and with no baggage good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Why that age range? Isn't being attractive and with no baggage good enough?

Eh kind of... most men.. even older guys look for the young women that are attractive, that will more than likely fall for BS like cheesy pickup lines, and whatever kind of benefits they can get out of older men.

Older, attractive women are looking for relationships.... like women in their late 20s and early 30s... if they're attractive, sure they'll still put up with BS, but much less so...

Thats usually the demographic of where online dating actually works.... the late 20s and up... 18 - 25 men and women not so much... granted there will be an exception to the rule, but still.

Hey baby looking for a good time?

Jokes haha
    135! That is a crazy amount! I used to use three separate dating sites and I was lucky to get 10 views from all three sites combined over 24 hours :/ don't take this the wrong way but you must have some hot pics on your profile.

Ok, so it's basically cause they think it's easier to "bamboozle" a younger woman than a woman who has a little more experience (I'm 23 and I wouldn't fall for that crap either, but hey experience always helps). I hope I won't need online dating when I'm older, but if I will, it's good to know most of the douches will be too busy pestering younger women to have time to bother me .

How old are you, OP?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast