+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just joined a dating site and already 135 guys want to meet me.........

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo View Post
    Hey baby looking for a good time?

Jokes haha
    135! That is a crazy amount! I used to use three separate dating sites and I was lucky to get 10 views from all three sites combined over 24 hours :/ don't take this the wrong way but you must have some hot pics on your profile.
    No, its the difference between a guy on a dating site and a girl on a dating site. You only have to be reasonably shaped like what a human is supposed to look like... and add breasts... and you'll get 100 responses without an issue. The OPs problem is very common..... in comparison, my average views were similar to yours, and I wouldn't call myself unattractive by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post
    No, its the difference between a guy on a dating site and a girl on a dating site. You only have to be reasonably shaped like what a human is supposed to look like... and add breasts... and you'll get 100 responses without an issue. The OPs problem is very common..... in comparison, my average views were similar to yours, and I wouldn't call myself unattractive by any stretch of the imagination.
    Seriously 100 responses? That just sounds like more hassle than its worth. I wouldn't say I am an unattractive person either maybe a 5or6 / 10 but make up a lot in personality... well I think I do haha. That many alerts would just annoy me over time. Would actually be easier to go to a bar and find a genuine person haha

Ya, that's typical on POF. Males outnumber females on that site and they mass message any females who look decent. Half of them haven't read your profile. Yes, they are thirsty and IMO most of these males are trash. But that depends on your standards. Many of them are out to get laid. That's why its important to filter guys out.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

You're fresh meat. Period. That's all it is.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Ok, so it's basically cause they think it's easier to "bamboozle" a younger woman than a woman who has a little more experience (I'm 23 and I wouldn't fall for that crap either, but hey experience always helps). I hope I won't need online dating when I'm older, but if I will, it's good to know most of the douches will be too busy pestering younger women to have time to bother me .

How old are you, OP?
    I'm 20 I have got tons of messages from teenage boys/cute young guys,middle aged men to old creepy pervs yuck(though i like older guys)

Anyway it's ridiculous I've deleted my account now !!! never again

You're probably using a free site..get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous.. View Post
    I'm 20 I have got tons of messages from teenage boys/cute young guys,middle aged men to old creepy pervs yuck(though i like older guys)

lol wow... I think you should try a different site if you want to give it a go. If nothing else at least its an ego boost... .... ....

Do something you have to pay for... a little bit of money makes a big difference. If you're serious that is.

Agree to meet up with all of them at the same time and same location. Don't turn up yourself and wait for mayhem to ensue.

Weed out those who are unemployed, in a relationship, or have been incarcerated and you might have 5 left out of 135.

Match.com was great for me in the past. Because of my job I didn't have a lot of time during the week and my circle of friends seems to shrink as you hit 40.

Had a great time and met my wife on there

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    Agree to meet up with all of them at the same time and same location. Don't turn up yourself and wait for mayhem to ensue.
    I think this actually happened a couple of months ago somebody used that Tinder app to lure a couple hundred guys to a frozen yogurt place or something.

I actually know plenty of people who have met their spouse on match. I can think of 6 couples I know off the top of my head and I bet there are more who are "ashamed" to admit it (my ex didn't want me telling people we met on there). She also told me she would get at least 50 emails a day. I stood out supposedly because of a combination of timing, looks, and a funny subject line.

What I've learned from this thread: Do not spam copy and paste "Hey sexy, do you find me attractive?"

But rather, spam copy and paste something honest and romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by bankitdrew View Post
    What I've learned from this thread: Do not spam copy and paste "Hey sexy, do you find me attractive?"

But rather, spam copy and paste something honest and romantic.
    That's definitely a good start. You'll have to follow up with decent conversations though.

Generally what I would start with is an easy, memorable greeting, and follow that with some points that I liked on her profile.... always reference something that she likes.... not something that you like... such as her profile picture where she's wearing a low cut shirt.

You can reference pictures if she's doing something you like in them. "I can't believe you've been to that comedy club in Seattle, I was there on my vacation last month." kind of stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous.. View Post

That's what happens when you don't have any filters in place and have left yourself wide open to anything with a dick.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast