I've wondered about this. I've seen a number of guys mention how they've sent out a huge slew of messages on on-line dating sites and gotten very few or no responses. I was wondering if the girls are getting a ton of messages. Your post suggests they are. Of course, this could also be age-specific, location-specific, website-specific, etc. When the numbers are more even, people probably aren't posting about it.

If you change your mind about giving it a try, I'd suggest looking for guys who can take the time to write lengthier responses and are personalizing the response to match your post. Those are the ones that are probably most interested in you. Whereas the ones who keep their posts short or write something that could be sent out to anyone are probably just sending responses to as many girls as possible. Personally, I'd also look for somebody who talked about my interests/ hobbies and not just my looks. I'd want somebody who's interested in the person on the inside, not just the package.