+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to Love?

addiction to love is very much like and addiction to drugs or alchol the only difference is that there are different kinds of hooks in additction to love, addiction to relationships etc. with these kinds of addictions you feel hooked on the experienceo f bonding with another person, along with romantic fantasies which definatley gets us going gives us hope for that hapily ever after which is not the reality of it all. When you experience these hooks there is a chemical changes going on in your brain, which you experience elation and a total euphoric experince imo that in itself can be very addictive and is the reason that alot of people get dumped becasue the other person at some point in the relationship begins to get bored when this feeling wheres off ( honey mooning) and they move onto the next just for that fleeting experinece, just like with drugs u chase the magic dragoon.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

some people are in love with the idea of love. they have illusions of what it should be like and later they're broken down because everything they thought love was doesn't exist. i have this phrase that i'll impose on love...

it's not good or bad, it just is.

I guess I'm not addicted, then.

I guess I'm glad I'm not.

I guess I will probably be addicted one day, then, maybe. It's good to have this info now, blue..it's an interesting approach and a nice thing to be wary of when falling in love and your desires afterward.

Addicted to love?

I crave that sometimes, love, like nomas, I guess.

But being with someone who cares just isn't enough. I'd rather enjoy the company of many friends who care, than want something that just leaves me lonely anyway.

I'm feeling lonely, but who doesn't.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    some people are in love with the idea of love. they have illusions of what it should be like and later they're broken down because everything they thought love was doesn't exist. i have this phrase that i'll impose on love...

it's not good or bad, it just is.
    i like that.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Nomas,
    I doubt that you will actually ever be addicted to love those of us who are whole and complete usually go about love in the natural oreder of things meet be friends then romance and friends dating and romance then commitment and so forth. People who are addicted have syptoms of love at first time most of the time. they fall in love without actually knowing someone long enough, continous romnatic fantasizes that interrup your day to day life, the need for constant drama at any cost, and there is alot more and more.
    Becasue od scociety tv musiq love songs alot of people have the idea that if you dont love u will die that you are not worthy becasue you dont have someone, if you listen to most love songs this is the message that they send and to someone who as a child has been abononed in some way this is theie belief that happily ever after that just is not reality. that is just not love
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

There is nothing wrong with being lonely its natural. Its healthy.

yep!

i appreciate this loneliness. i like the pain of feeling the loss a little bit. it lets meknow that i may be in denial about things, but at least i have feelings.
    "Ogres are like onions."

ideally, I'd be with someone, but since I'm in a selfish mood right now, she'd have to want the exact same things I want. She'd want to do the traveling around thing with a backpack and a sleeping bag..and want to go the same places I want to go and in a moment's notice change directions and do something else.

But I'd never ask a girl to do this FOR me..she'd have to want this shit on her own too. That would be ideal, because I DO love company, and I DO love girls..put them together, I love the company of girls.

See nomas, that's how i feel.. about the never asking people to do things for you.

I'd never ask a guy to give up something for me. He'd have to want to do it on his own too. To ask someone too is just plain selfish and pointless. People shouldn't have to change bcause someone else ask them to. THey should do it because they want to or it's because who they are. That will guarantee that the similarity was there and was not forced. Forced things just don't work.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Right, I don't like to force anything..but don't take me literally as far as "not asking" anything. I mean, you have to communicate stuff too..I can't assume someone will guess what I would like to do. Like if I want to go to Europe next June..I'm going to suggest it rather than hoping she'll buy a flight on the same day..you know? I'll say, "Say, man, how's about we backpack Europe next summer" and she'll be like, "Cool."

That kinda thing..

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Right, I don't like to force anything..but don't take me literally as far as "not asking" anything. I mean, you have to communicate stuff too..I can't assume someone will guess what I would like to do. Like if I want to go to Europe next June..I'm going to suggest it rather than hoping she'll buy a flight on the same day..you know? I'll say, "Say, man, how's about we backpack Europe next summer" and she'll be like, "Cool."

That kinda thing..
    Yea.. you can usually read the situation to see if you're "suggesting" or "forcing."

Like, my ex-bfnever hung out with my friends. It's not something that he wants to do. But I like hanging out with my friends. But because he doesn't like to, I usually have to pick either one or the either. It took a fight for him to say sorry, and that he'd join us for dinner. At that point, that yes was already forced. It's not cool. I don't want to put him in that position. I feel really selfish.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by Innova
    He's right, as painful as it was...the experience I had with my ex for those couple of years...is something I would never trade or regret, ever.
    This is why people say and believe ( me as well) that it is better to of loved and lost then to never of loved at all.

The feelings/emotion/happiness is unbelievable when everything is perfect in love, but the pain of losing that someone or having "things" come between you is extreme...

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i was. then i had my heart broken a billion times and now i'm cold as ice.
    i hurt when you hurt..
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    This is why people say and believe ( me as well) that it is better to of loved and lost then to never of loved at all.

The feelings/emotion/happiness is unbelievable when everything is perfect in love, but the pain of losing that someone or having "things" come between you is extreme...

So, it is not love that hurts. Love is BEAUTIFUL. It is the lost of it that does.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast