+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Addicted to Love?

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    This is why people say and believe ( me as well) that it is better to of loved and lost then to never of loved at all.
    Yeah I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    The feelings/emotion/happiness is unbelievable when everything is perfect in love, but the pain of losing that someone or having "things" come between you is extreme...
    But each moment of pain and suffering, IMO, is worth every second of it.

Nomas---"ideally, I'd be with someone, but since I'm in a selfish mood right now, she'd have to want the exact same things I want."

Let's say you meet someone you like, who you know DOES NOT have the same interests as you. However, she likes you enough to make changes for you, to go along with what you want to do. Example, you suggest backpacking to Europe. However, she's got an important project coming up that summer, a real opportunity. She wants to go with you, so she gets herself removed from the project team.

Would you be okay with her making all these changes in her life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Nomas---"ideally, I'd be with someone, but since I'm in a selfish mood right now, she'd have to want the exact same things I want."

Let's say you meet someone you like, who you know DOES NOT have the same interests as you. However, she likes you enough to make changes for you, to go along with what you want to do. Example, you suggest backpacking to Europe. However, she's got an important project coming up that summer, a real opportunity. She wants to go with you, so she gets herself removed from the project team.

Would you be okay with her making all these changes in her life for you?
    I'd hate for there to be regrets in the future for the lost opportunities, and the "what could have been", in this case career-wise, but that's the nature of decisions..you can't have it all so you take one over another. I'd talk it over with her, make sure if she makes this decisions there won't be resentments in the future. Same with me. If I find someone I fall head over heels for that I decide, she's worth changing my plans for, just so that I make sure I don't loose her..because I may not ever find someone like her again..., then I will make sure I make the decision and not ever resent her for it...even if it doesn't work out after, oh, 10 years. That's the biggest thing: don't throw your decisions back into the face of the S.O. saying "I coulda been great, coulda had this or that". Make the decision concious of the gamble you're taking.

My ex did that to me. One of the reasons why I didn't retain contact with him.

Relationships are too complicated and complex (any kind of relationship, friendship, dating, etc.)

Why can't we just know someone and say, I know so and so from this place and we've done many things together?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Nomas---"but that's the nature of decisions..you can't have it all so you take one over another"

So true, so true. The choices we make, might make sense at the time. It's always on looking back, you think "eh? Now why did I go and do that?". Always harder when it involves another person.
    Thanks for the insight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123