+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Normal in a relationship? Opinions please!?

Normal in a relationship? Opinions please!?

My boyfriend and i rarely talk now, we used to talk every single day but when college started he couldn't commit to it. I don't blame him for this but he seems to treat me very differently, he doesn't say thank you when i do something for him, he rejects my gifts, he doesn't say bye when we part and he half listens when i share my struggles with him. Because of all this, i feel like he is uninterested in me now and i feel like there's something wrong in our relationship.

Everytime i asked him about it, he will say "chill!" or "i'm very stressed", he didn't even bother to show me assurance. Worse part is, i asked him out for a date twice and he couldn't make it last minute, he is not guilty that he declined the dates. Am i being inconsiderate and just longing for his affection? or is this unhealthy for the relationship? Thank you! all help is appreciated

Hes not into you

ya hun hes lost interest but hoping you will take the hint coz hes too much of a pussy to tell you its over. break up with him and move on
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Sounds like he's trying to blow you off. Move on hun.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Cut contact and see if he initiates any contact to you. If he does not then you know where the relationship is heading or has gone.
    The best advice is to not seek advice from the internet.

This is how some cowards 'break up' - they push you away hoping you'll get the hint so they don't have to put themselves in an uncomfortable situation. I would just make it easy for him - ask 'Hey do you want to break up? It seems like you do so just tell me since I deserve to know'.

Quote Originally Posted by TablesandChairs View Post
    This is how some cowards 'break up' - they push you away hoping you'll get the hint so they don't have to put themselves in an uncomfortable situation. I would just make it easy for him - ask 'Hey do you want to break up? It seems like you do so just tell me since I deserve to know'.
    Agree. But definitely confront him about it, and don't allow him a way to backpedal into the same "chill" and "i'm stressed" routine. You deserve to know what's going on in the relationship, and if he doesn't want to break up, he should be putting more into the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtannn View Post
    My boyfriend and i rarely talk now, we used to talk every single day but when college started he couldn't commit to it. I don't blame him for this but he seems to treat me very differently, he doesn't say thank you when i do something for him, he rejects my gifts, he doesn't say bye when we part and he half listens when i share my struggles with him. Because of all this, i feel like he is uninterested in me now and i feel like there's something wrong in our relationship.

Everytime i asked him about it, he will say "chill!" or "i'm very stressed", he didn't even bother to show me assurance. Worse part is, i asked him out for a date twice and he couldn't make it last minute, he is not guilty that he declined the dates. Am i being inconsiderate and just longing for his affection? or is this unhealthy for the relationship? Thank you! all help is appreciated
    Just dump him like the dog he is No, seriously- dump him IF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS LIKE THAT IN REALITY
    Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtannn View Post

I can tell you exactly what he is trying to do....he's sabotaging your relationship on purpose, so you will break up with him. He is trying to push you into it so he doesn't have to look like that bad guy...to me he is just a spineless coward.