+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you know when you like someone enough to be with them?

How do you know when you like someone enough to be with them?

24 UK male. I met a girl online and have been dating her (in real life!) for a couple of weeks. On paper she is exactly what I am looking for and she's expressed strong interest in me. Whilst I have enjoyed our dates and like her, I'm afraid I just don't love her. Is it too soon to know if you like/love someone, or will that grow? I find myself thinking about her minor flaws (e.g. small boobs, bad facial pores). Is that me trying to reconcile her flaws as not that important, or am I introducing reasons not to be with her because I'm scared of commitment?

As background, I've already been in this situation twice before and both times I decided to end it. The only time I have ever felt strongly for someone was hideously inappropriate. We were both travelling, she had had a boyfriend for 6 years and came on to me HARD. Every time I gave in and reciprocated she would withdraw and tell me she was just having fun.

You'd not love a girl cuz she has small boobs? Uh no it's not normal to love someone or know that u will in only 2 weeks! You probably come up with tiny flaws and dump them cuz ur shallow and full of yourself.
    The only time you were in love it was inappropriate? That's creepy.