+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I dump my girlfriend ?

Should I dump my girlfriend ?

I plan to get married to this girl but

Me and this girl started dating (relationship) in August . Prior before that we started talking for month . In that month we actually spent countless hours on the phone as well as with eachother . Long walks etc etc. I basically told her everything there is to know about me as well as she told me alot about herself . she told me that in september she was moving away to northwest territories for a job with her son and that she would be coming back around christmas time . we basically discussed if we were to get into a relationship on how that would work out . In the north west the population is small and and told me that even though She may be able to call me on the phone I can't be there to physically touch her or have any physically interaction with her . She was worried about how I would handle that because I live in a big city in Ontario where the population is big an how I probably might meet someone wether if its school or work etc Etc . I told her that before I met her I never understood on how long distance relationships work or why people get into them because of the distance . But I understand now because when you like someone a lot or in love with someone distance does not matter. We fell in love very quickly we are very compatible we have a lot in common and we share the same goals and values. We did have a conversation on marriage and kids and we both want to get married one day and have A kid. She did tell me that she may be only there for a year to bank some money and move back to the city. And when I'm off school I would come up to visit her. Well during the last 2 weeks before she left we would always exchange text messages about how we love each other would miss eachother . She told me that she feels safe with me etc etc. we would always call eachother by our nick names etc etc. Well the day before she left we had great sex .

She has only been there for 2 days and I kind of sense something is wrong an example is she would call me after I finish school and we would talk for half an hour then she would say can I call you back and never does . Then I would text her and she would only respond in 1 word answer . Like At night would write on how much I care for her and stuff and for her to have a good night and she would respond gnite or I would say good morning beautiful and other stuff and she would only respond goodmorning . It's not how she usually replies . Yesterday I texted her and asked her if everything is alright because I kinda sense something is wrong . Our first conversation we had when she first got there she did say on how she does not like it here already and that she may only stay for 6 months.

I'm not to sure on what the problem is . And why she is acting this way. She hasn't started her new job yet so I know she isn't busy at all. I'm wondering if its something women go through or if I should just not waste my time with this girl anymore because she may be no longer interested . It's only been 2 days. I really love this girl and she is the first girl I actually took my time to get to know rather then my previous relationships where I would just jump in.

What should I do . I'm 29 currently in school trying to get my degree and this has been on the back of my mind for the last 2 days. And today I decided not to message her and he never messaged me at all . If she calls

Should I ignore it to give her her space

It's only been a couple of days and already you are thinking bad things....obviously you lack experience with these things.

This woman is a single mom. That right there is a job and a half so I highly doubt she is just sitting there with her thumb up her ass. Having to find a baby sitter, proper accommodations, etc in a place she has never been before is a daunting task. I know someone that worked up there at a hotel, and life is very different. You don't have the convenience of going to the mall or supermarket to get what you need etc. I'm sure she is going through quite a bit of stress...and she can't just hop on a plane and leave. And here you are worried about your feelings and getting all paranoid.....grow up.

If you give a rat's ass about her you would be patient, symathetic and give the support she needs when she has time to talk about this new experience she has had to deal with.

btw stop double posting....you will not get better answers if you do.

I already responded to your first post.

You're sensing something is wrong because it is; this woman has uprooted her life to live in what the above poster describes as a pretty isolated place. She has done this for money - clearly she's not thriving financially and has the added burden of a child whom she no doubt wants a good life for. As far as life goes, you're still in school and have no kids so things are probably less stressful for you.

She might be going through a period of transient depression, which isn't uncommon when people leave everything they know behind, not because they want to but because they need to. She's alone with a child in an alien place.

You may or may not work out but at the moment, texting you is not her priority and that's fair enough at the moment. Give her a bit of time to settle in.