+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I miss my window of opportunity with this girl?

Did I miss my window of opportunity with this girl?

Hey everyone,

Basically, there is this girl that I have liked over the last 8 months. It started when I kissed her at a party. However, even though I had feelings, I never ended up making a move or asking her out. Flash forward to today, I found out that she liked me at the time (earlier this year) and had feelings too (and she had a feeling that I liked her back). But just recently, she apparently got another boyfriend.

So basically, did I miss my window of opportunity? I really regret not asking her out. What should I do though? Should I still tell her that I like her, but say that I don't want to ruin things between her and her new BF? I just want her to know how I feel. A part of me also wants to try to win her over (but I don't know if that's the right thing to do).

Please help. I just want to know what I should do here. It hurts a lot to think that I missed my chance, especially since I'm 23 and have never been in a relationship before.

Yep, you blew it. Advice - don't be such a little scaredy cat next time. Yer acting like a little boy not an adult.

It's too late. Don't say anything now - it's not respectful to her current relationship.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It will make u look bad to try to break up her current relationship

Quote Originally Posted by thebosslover View Post
    Hey everyone,

Basically, there is this girl that I have liked over the last 8 months. It started when I kissed her at a party. However, even though I had feelings, I never ended up making a move or asking her out. Flash forward to today, I found out that she liked me at the time (earlier this year) and had feelings too (and she had a feeling that I liked her back). But just recently, she apparently got another boyfriend.

So basically, did I miss my window of opportunity? I really regret not asking her out. What should I do though? Should I still tell her that I like her, but say that I don't want to ruin things between her and her new BF? I just want her to know how I feel. A part of me also wants to try to win her over (but I don't know if that's the right thing to do).

Please help. I just want to know what I should do here. It hurts a lot to think that I missed my chance, especially since I'm 23 and have never been in a relationship before.
    I'm 23 as well. And i've never been in a relationship before. You know why? Because I don't want to. I'm enjoying being single way more. The biggest plus is that I can date whoever I want, when I want.

My advice- forget about her. Get yourself out there and start meeting new people. Sooner rather than later you'll meet another cute girl that like you back. Hopefully you won't act like a wussy again and you'll make things happen.
    Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience