+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Frustrated because she's working all the time

Frustrated because she's working all the time

I love spending time with my GF. But because of her financial problems (partly her fault, partly fault of her ex-partner) she works almost every night until 9pm and every other weekend. On top of this she looks after two old ladies in her home (also for the money) so when she's not working it's not easy for us to go away together or for her to come to my place. I know she loves me and she hates the situation she's in. BUT she wants clear communication between us and I've told her I'm pissed off about this situation. It will be resolved but we don't know when as there's a legal process involved so it's not a case of 'hang on for another x months and then things will be easier' because we just don't know.
    I'm not sure how to deal with the frustration. Any advice other than 'suck it up and shut up' or 'end it'.

Unless you're willing to help her our financially, she's got to do what she has to do.

Would u be able to help her with bills at all? If not, no, there really isn't another solution

lalalita Guest
    I don't get why people complain about their partners working a lot. Would you rather be with someone with no work ethic? Someone who doesn't have a job and has all the time in the world to just sit around with you? Probably not. It's not like she's off spending time with friends or partying. She's working.

When she does have free time, how does she spend it?

She's obviously in a financial bind and being responsible enough to get her credit back on track, how about supporting her until she's out of trouble? If you can't contribute financially then contribute emotionally. Don't make her feel bad for a situation she's trying to fix. If you need more of her time and she can't give it, don't whine...just separate. The more you complain, the worse you both feel I'm sure. If the roles were reversed, I'm sure you'd hope for her support.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I love spending time with my GF. But because of her financial problems (partly her fault, partly fault of her ex-partner) she works almost every night until 9pm and every other weekend. On top of this she looks after two old ladies in her home (also for the money) so when she's not working it's not easy for us to go away together or for her to come to my place. I know she loves me and she hates the situation she's in. BUT she wants clear communication between us and I've told her I'm pissed off about this situation. It will be resolved but we don't know when as there's a legal process involved so it's not a case of 'hang on for another x months and then things will be easier' because we just don't know.
    I'm not sure how to deal with the frustration. Any advice other than 'suck it up and shut up' or 'end it'.
    As TablesandChairs says- Help her out financially.
    Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience