+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Finally told her what I feel. Not what I hoped but better than I expected..

Finally told her what I feel. Not what I hoped but better than I expected..

She said she still wanted things to be the same. She was surprisingly cool about it. Felt good I finally told her, but now it's sinking in. When I see her, I know I lost. I had to say something. She smiled when we talked about it. So I know she took it well. Gonna miss texting her, and I know I can't ask her to hangout anymore. Hello again loneliness.

Stop obsessing over someone for months. If you like someone ask them out, don't drag it out investing your feelings. If they say no then you saved yourself months of heartache.

I know. I didn't initially feel that way.
    Still, I don't wanna feel anything for anyone else right now. I feel myself wanting to block everyone out. If it isn't her.. She was amazing. Not gonna find another her.

Quote Originally Posted by EastS1der View Post
    If it isn't her.. She was amazing. Not gonna find another her.
    In a year or so, I'd love you to look back at this and have a good laugh. There is no "one" person. People, friends, lovers...they all pass through our lives, sometimes for good and sometimes for bad, but most of us survive and love again. You're just upset, but I would advise that you don't have too long a pity party, it's easier to allow yourself to be in a comfortable depressed rut than to stand up, take charge of your happiness and see that there are HUNDREDS if not more girls out there who can make you even more happy.

Quote Originally Posted by EastS1der View Post
    She said she still wanted things to be the same.

She was surprisingly cool about it. Felt good I finally told her, but now it's sinking in.
    When I see her, I know I lost. I had to say something. She smiled when we talked about it.
    So I know she took it well. Gonna miss texting her, and I know I can't ask her to hangout anymore.
    Hello again loneliness.
    If your mindset is about staying alone, than you will be, just take a few months to get over her, it
    wont be as bad as you think.

There are so many amazing people in this world that will make you happy, i think the future ones will
    be even better, since you've experienced it already, and know how to deal with it, but if you like someone,
    and they are showing something back, don't wait too long, or you'll lose your opportunity , and someone else
    will snatch her up.

Life is about taking risks, how big of one are you willing to take ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    If your mindset is about staying alone, than you will be, just take a few months to get over her, it
    wont be as bad as you think.

There are so many amazing people in this world that will make you happy, i think the future ones will
    be even better, since you've experienced it already, and know how to deal with it, but if you like someone,
    and they are showing something back, don't wait too long, or you'll lose your opportunity , and someone else
    will snatch her up.

Life is about taking risks, how big of one are you willing to take ?
    I wasn't sure how to tell. Usually I tell myself its too good to be true.

I see her every day.

The thing is, I dated someone that turned out to be a horrible person. She used me and since then I felt completely distrusting towards people. This girl the one I just confessed to, she pulled me out of that. Why was she there? Just often times thinking about how caring she is, smart, upbeat. She's everything my last experience wasn't. The thing is, looking back, I was with someone who was selfish, didn't care about me. Now this girl is genuine, and I don't deserve her. I'm constantly thinking about how lucky the dude who will end up with her is.

if you weren't feeling it, why stay and try, only wastes your time and theirs. sometimes people turn out to be great loyal friends and never meant to be romantic partners.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    if you weren't feeling it, why stay and try, only wastes your time and theirs. sometimes people turn out to be great loyal friends and never meant to be romantic partners.
    Because I was hoping I was wrong.

Sometimes you met truly amazing girl and when shes gone you realize that you didnt know her so well cause she never let you in but what you saw is big part of your own reflection.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Sometimes you met truly amazing girl and when shes gone you realize that you didnt know her so well cause she never let you in but what you saw is big part of your own reflection.
    IDK, often tried not to fall for anyone at work. I really saw her as someone I probably wasn't good enough for. I went back to school because of her. So I can start to better myself, because who would want a guy who just works at a store? Been out of school for a year, and when she came along, she got me to realize "what the hell am I doing?".
    If anything I saw her not as a reflection of me, but getting to know her made me realize something about myself.

Right now I I'm thinking about how to be at work. I don't want to dog her, as in ignore her. She told me she still wants things to be the same. I told her I would never bring it up again.

Funny thing is that I remember telling her she was a good friend, and she took that really awkwardly. That was a few weeks ago. She just went kind of quiet. Feltlike I told her what she wanted to hear, and not what i really wanted to say. I expected her reaction to be the same when I told her how I felt. But she took it well, and smiled when I told her that I was so happy to get that off my chest.

Just stemmed from a conversation about me. She said she's been meaning to tell me that I look stressed all the time, and she says i need to look at the good things in life. She really is a good friend, I just hate the fact that one day I'm gonna lose her.

Well man most importand dont lose yourself. Because its not just how much you like the girls that makes them like you. Its also who you are that attracts them. Its good that she made you passionate to better yourself. But if a girl is your main passion its not that attarctive, its more like dependacy(in this way you give too much value to a girl so making yourself worth less). You need that one passion that stays with you no matter what - something that you will never change for anyone except for yourself. And when you stay on your way and cant be distracted from it then its realy attractive.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

a girl doesn't change the person that you are, you need to do that on your own.
    She can guide you to that path, but only you can decide how far you'll take it.
    Just be happy for her and move on, think about what you've learned from being with her and find someone else that is compatible.
    Try out hobbies that you've neglecting or something new you've been meaning to try.
    With so many individuals in the world, don't base your existent on 1 that got away , keep trying until one workspace
    P.S. most of all, think of what is best for you atm.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 10-09-13 at 10:30 PM.