+ Follow This Topic

Thread: friendzoned?

friendzoned?

i met a girl at university about 3 years ago we became close i started to have feelings for her but when i spoke to her she didn't feel the same but we remained friends although we didn't speak as much for a while. in the past 9 months we have started speaking more and more. we text a lot and go out together when its just me and her but nothing has come close to happening romantically but im quite shy and assume i'd get rejected again if i told her how i felt.

Many of my friends have commented about how close we are and they wonder why we aren't in a relationship as everything seems to be there. She treats me like a boyfriend sometimes, she'll tell me whats going on in her life and ask for my advice. I do let her treat me like this because i want to be there for her. The problem is she started dating someone recently but its nothing serious at the moment. She talks to me about guys so i've always thought that she would never have the types of conversations she does with me if she felt the same.

I'm worried if i dont tell her how i feel it'll be too late as she might get into a relationship with the guy she is dating and then i'll have regrets about that. The friendship does mean a lot to me and i wouldn't want to make things weird as we are like best friends now. I always wonder what if she feels the same but doesn't realise how i feel and doesn't want to make things awkward. We are so close i wonder how we can't just be together.

My questions are:
    Should i be honest with her?
    How do i tell her how i feel without affecting the friendship if it goes wrong?
    Do you think she feels the same about me?

Mike, you ARE friendzoned. I can't see anything positive coming out of telling her how you feel.....except perhaps closure on the possibility of a relationship.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'd agree, too late. You are her friend and she's dating other guys. Unfortunately she doesn't see you as a potential romance, I wouldn't embarrass yourself by declaring your feelings, it might just end things between you. You were friendzoned 3 years ago and nothing has changed it seems. You need to date other girls. I think a lot of guys make the mistake of becoming bff with girls they have crushes on instead of trying to be romantic and date them. When I think of a friend, I cringe at the thought of sexual activity or romance. If you find another girl you like, don't go the friend way, see if that works for you.

If she wanted to be with you, she wouldn't be trying to get with someone else. Should of had a serious talk with her awhile ago so that u knew u at least gave it another shot and know where u stand