+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend disappearing act

Boyfriend disappearing act

Is it normal for a guy/boyfriend to disappear for a couple of days without answering text messages and/or phone calls? and then act like nothing happened?

When he's not just YOUR boyfriend it is.

Did you ask him in a non accusitory way but an "I'm just interested" way, what he's been up to? A, "So how was your jail stay" would go over nicely to prompt him to ask what you mean, then you could just say that since you didn't answer my texts, I figure you must be in the big house, bartering with the guy with all the cigarettes.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Is it your boyfriend?

If so, to answer your question, absolutely not. To get missing for no logical reason and then not call or respond to me. You probably was cheating and even if he wasnt, its still over.

Well my boyfriend sometimes disappear for a couple of days.. and only when I text him (after those days) he will talk to me and come with lame excuses... he's phone its having some problems (which I saw once, but then it was ok) that he felt asleep, that he left his phone home.... etc etc.
    But when I'm with him, if he gets a txt or email or something, he immediately reads it.... I mean, phone is not the only way to communicate now a days you know?.... I just don't know how to deal wit it.

Are you sure someone else isnt occupying his time? He could have business elsewhere or unfinished business. He needs to be held accountable for his time. Thats unacceptable.
    Last edited by Starnique; 09-09-13 at 08:46 PM.

He is not that type of guy who has several gf or whatever (I know.... the world takes many turns) but still...
    I know he's been working and stuff.. But I really hate when he does that. How would you handle this situation? I've read in several forums that guys do this from time to time, but I just find it so weird, after hearing many times that WE (women) are complicated /:

If he were my bf and refusing to contact me for days I'd start looking for someone who wants to pay me some attention. It sounds like he's not taking your relationship seriously.

Boyfriend disappearing act

No, it's not a common thing for men to do - but some men do do it. I'm too old to tolerate that type of behavior these days.

If a guy went AWOL on me, I'd mentally end things while he was gone and start dating others. I'd inform him of me decision only if/when he started talking to me again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m/]now Free[/URL]
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I had to stop and LOL at the title

We live together so it would be very wrong for him to just disappear for a couple days and not even answer his phone. Very sketchy id say lol. Sounds like that boyfriend may be hiding something..

Have you even told him that what he's doing is disrespectful and to please stop it?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well, he appeared today. So I'm about to have that conversation with him.