+ Follow This Topic

Thread: All my new boyfriend wants to do is makeout?

All my new boyfriend wants to do is makeout?

Like, he holds my hand and stuff and kisses me in public, and we do get along great. But... It's only been like a week and ALL he wants to do with me when we are alone is makeout... He's 17 and I'm 15 and he was my first kiss, and ill admit I do really like it because its a new experience and everything, but I don't want that to be ALL WE DO. I'm afraid he is using me. Do you think so? He took me out to lunch for our first date but now we just go over each others houses. Is this a bad thing or does it just mean he really likes me? I mean I would really like to get to know him better i am almost afraid that there is too much sexual energy lol that it will be impossible for us not to makeout when we are alone. He is my first boyfriend so I am new with this stuff. Any advice or thoughts?

Also, I should add that he is WAY more experienced than me and when we makeout I know he wants to go farther but I said I won't let him until things last for a while or get more serious, and he says he's never restrained himself so much when making out for so long. I find this kind of to be a compliment and I told him I really appreciate him doing that. Then he said he would do anything for me and he said it sweetly, but im not stupid so its hard to tell if he is just saying that or if he really means it. He's not used to "taking things slow" lol but for me they are moving fast. So idk if he really cares about my opinion or if he is jut faking it long enough until he can get some. So yeah....

You two are young, making out is a thrill for all the senses. When I was 15, I had a 17 year old bf, and all we did was meet up at the subway station and make out for hours, we didn't even talk on the phone much (this was PRE texting too). He may be too immature to think of other activities. Why don't you suggest doing other things and see how he reacts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger2013 View Post
    You two are young, making out is a thrill for all the senses. When I was 15, I had a 17 year old bf, and all we did was meet up at the subway station and make out for hours, we didn't even talk on the phone much (this was PRE texting too). He may be too immature to think of other activities. Why don't you suggest doing other things and see how he reacts?
    Alright, thanks a lot This reply comforted me knowing its normal and I'm not the only one... I will admit I do really like it, but I want us to bond in other ways too. I am thinking of askin him to hang out at the mall sometime soon and maybe we can catch a movie or something... Though maybe not the movie part cuz that will just lead to more making out in the movie theatre lol. But thanks

Julia, you've only been together a week and he's already pressuring you for more than making out? It's too much too soon - and he's trying to take advantage of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia51423 View Post
    Also, I should add that he is WAY more experienced than me and when we makeout I know he wants to go farther but I said I won't let him until things last for a while or get more serious, and he says he's never restrained himself so much when making out for so long. I find this kind of to be a compliment and I told him I really appreciate him doing that. Then he said he would do anything for me and he said it sweetly, but im not stupid so its hard to tell if he is just saying that or if he really means it. He's not used to "taking things slow" lol but for me they are moving fast. So idk if he really cares about my opinion or if he is jut faking it long enough until he can get some. So yeah....
    This stuff he's telling you - please don't view it as flattering. Truth is, he's trying to guilt you into putting out for him. I may be old now, but teens and hormones haven't changed that much since I was one in the 1980's- and still I know a pack of lies when I hear them. Some teenage boys will say anything to get laid and that's something which hasn't changed.

Do you really believe that EVERY girl he's ever dated has gone further than kissing in the first week? Of course not the truth! There's also every chance he's actually a virgin and just exaggerating his experience (unless you know a girl who will attest to having had sex with him). His determination to get laid just reeks of 'desperate virgin'

I'm not saying you should dump him. But you need to put the brakes on any physical activity which you're not comfortable with. I suggest you tell him that it may be many months before you're ready to go further (and I hope you DO wait many more months!) and see if he hangs around. If he doesn't wait for you, then he's probably gone to look for another naïve girl to try and sleep with. Don't let him bully you into this.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Okay thanks for the tips.

You think it's bad now, Julia...wait until you start having sex(with him or in general).
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 10-09-13 at 05:47 AM.

I agree with basilandthyme, I think he's trying to woo you into "going the next step". His primary goal is to sleep with you. He might even have a bet going on with his buddies about how soon he'll manage to "trick" you into having sex with him, teenage boys can be immature like that. Don't let him make you feel guilty and/or "abnormal" for not giving him sex so early on. You are still so young - most of my friends (including myself) didn't have sex until they were 19 or older, it's perfectly normal to wait until you feel like it. People who care for you don't try to make you feel guilty or abnormal, he is doing it with the specific intent of getting you to sleep with him.