+ Follow This Topic

Thread: link between sex/masturbation and dreams?

link between sex/masturbation and dreams?

A bit of an odd/pointless topic but something I find interesting.

I tend to suffer from violent dreams such as killing somebody, death of loved ones or train crashes for example. Down to crazy ones such as werewolves rampaging around!

I seem to notice that when I'm with my girlfriend or if I masturbate before bed I don't dream, or don't remember dreams in the morning.
    Anybody else notice this? I wonder why this is?

If you're haunted by horrific dreams then have more sex, or masturbate more

What are YOU eating before you go to bed?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Or watching on tv or reading? What are you putting into your mind? That's strange. I sleep better after I cum but I'm more concerned about those creepy dreams.

i think dreams represent our fears or possibly an over active imagination.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

My guess is that masturbating or being with your girlfriend helps to calm or relax before you fall asleep. I've noticed that I tend to have the worst dreams when I'm stressed out or in a bad mood.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

masturbating relaxes you, that's why. releases chemicals in your brain and all that commotion and chaotic thoughts/dreams go away. it's a good thing, use it to your advantage.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by VerticalMoon View Post
    My guess is that masturbating or being with your girlfriend helps to calm or relax before you fall asleep. I've noticed that I tend to have the worst dreams when I'm stressed out or in a bad mood.
    I agree with this.. I have nightmares or dreams when I'm stressed out, been worrying about something, have alot going on, etc.
    Sex/masturbation helps with stress and also helps your mind focus on only one thing instead of going to bed with all these thoughts