+ Follow This Topic

Thread: five days in Paris

five days in Paris

hey!
    I went to Paris for two weeks. I've just returned, my heart broken!|
    In fact, and by chance, a guy that I like (from university) was there. We met a several times until one night, next to the Eiffel tour, he kissed me!
    I was very happy. But, deep inside I knew it was just a kiss in a moment of insanity. The following day, and in front of my big surprise, he asked me to become his girlfriend and I said yes. Then, I spent the best three days of my life; he was everything I hoped he would be, and more! I've easily developed feelings for him. But, before I go back to my country, he came to say that he wasn't ready for a serious relationship and commitment, that he liked me a lot and that he was afraid of hurting me. He insisted on our friendship and that's all.
    It really hurts to feel used and then rejected. The thing is, I feel I'm in love with him more than ever. what shall I do? can I get him back? or should I forget about him? I need your help! :'(
    Thanks for your answers.

So your young and you live in different countries? Long distance relationships are really hard and he's already not on board. Just try to remember it as a good time u had but time to move on now to someone in your country and ready for a relationship

After five days you're "in love"? I think you're "in lust". He was looking for a fling that's all. See it for what it was instead of torturing yourself over "lost love"!

It will take you some time to go back to normality after a few days so intense, but the time was short, his message for you was clear, so you'll feel much better little by little.

It sounds like maybe he has had a bad relationship or two in the past that might be affecting his judgement and willingness to be in a relationship. If that is the case the only thing that can fix that is time and no one can speed that up for him. I'm not suggesting that there might be a chance for you two in the future but rather the opposite. I wouldn't hold your breathe for him to come around. Embrace the memories of your brief time together and move on. I hope you find happiness on your journey!

Lisen to your gut, but long distance relationships are the hardest to maintain. Even if it will not work out in the long run, you will have a wonderful adventure and experience. If he is open for it, I would go for it ;-)