+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did my girlfriend just dump me

Did my girlfriend just dump me

I met this girl in August and I found out we had so much in common as well as in interest . We spent countless hours on the phone as well in person. She told me that she was moving away to north west territories for a job and told how much she liked me and if we were to get into a relationship how I would be able to handle that . Because I live in a big city and she cannot be physically there with me. I obviously gave this some serious thought and told her that when you like some a lot distance does not matter. Well she told me that she was only going to stay for a year and come back on Christmas and I would come visit her in march of the next year. In August we talked about a lot of things I even shared so much stuff about my self that I have never shared with my previous exes or friends. We talked about kids marriage etc etc. I fell in love with this girl she even told me she fell in love with me as we'll. when she arrived there she told me that she didn't like it there and probably will be coming back in 6 months. 2 days after that she started acting weird . Like she would call speak to me about 20 minutes say she will call me back but never does . I would text her and she never responds and when she does one word answers . I call her to find about what's going on and she tells me something about focusing on her family and some personal stuff has come up in her life that she doesn't want to discuss because she is very private or something along those lines so I ask her if she is breaking up with me and she says can I call you back and never does. So then I just texted her told her i was changing my number that I will give her some space and call her sometime in December to see how she is doing. I don't plan on calling her or texting her before that because I don't want to get hurt because of the way she has been acting. Had I known she was going to act this way I wouldn't of gotten in a relationship with her or she shouldn't of gotten in one with me. I really do miss this girl and it has affected my social life a bit but now I don't think I can no longer trust women. And plan on never getting in a relationship again. Did I over exaggerate because I changed my number removed her from my Instagram list and told her I was going to give her some space and call her in December. I can sense that I am going to get badly hurt because of the fact that she just shut me down the minute she moved .

First of all, saying you can no longer trust women and plan on never getting in a relationship again is the overexaggeration. That's just emotion talking. If you ask someone "are you breaking up with me" and they say they'll call you back and never do...that's the coward's way of avoiding the breakup talk. Forget about the no contact until December game, she'll have very solidly moved on by then and you'll still be holding a grudge and a broken heart. She broke up with you, so you have to move on.

Don't talk to her again and start talking to other people, you'll meet someone new.
    By August, do u mean last month? So you knew this girl for a month and based on that experience, you can't trust women?
    Oh please there's much more drama and hurt women can bring than this. Better buckle up for the ride.