+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to GET OVER infatuation

How to GET OVER infatuation

Okay so, I've been with my girl for about 6 months, things are good. I've never really been one to stick to one woman, so I've never gotten overly serious with anyone. This girl was a little different than the normal girls I "date" so I decided to try and stick it out. She's smart, she's attractive, she's got her shit together. For these reasons, and the fact that I'm 26, I decided to try and do this whole "serious relationship" thing. Well now it's starting to kick me in the ass (kind of).

I met this girl about a month or 2 after I started dating my gf, but she had a boyfriend, so I didn't really look too much into it. It was obvious when we first met that she found me attractive, and I won't lie, she is gorgeous too. The thing is, we've become pretty good "friends" and see each other on a pretty regular basis. Even when we don't plan it, we some how always end up running into each other. Over the last 4 months or so, we've gotten to know each other very well, and the attraction between us is becoming stronger and stronger. At first I thought it would be fine, we can be friends, but now I'm not so sure. I know she has a boyfriend, and the way she acts with him, I can tell she does really love him, I also really want to try and work things out with my gf, my problem is, I can't get this girl out of my head. It's insane. When we see each other, we are like magnets. We've run into each other at bars too, and there's been times that I thought for sure that some thing would happen. The last thing I want is to cheat on my woman, and to be the cause of this girl cheating on her bf, but I honestly can't see her leaving him any time soon, and like I said, the attraction and chemistry between us is almost unbearable. It takes every ounce of me not to jump her bones every time I see her.

Now don't get me wrong, she has a great personality too, but for some reason, I think her attraction to me is purely physical. Like I said, I can't see her leaving her bf any time soon, but sometimes I can't help but feel that she wants me as much I want her. For a while I tried avoiding her because I knew I was treading water with this, and for a bit, it worked, but as of late, I just keep running into her, and it's starting to get heavy again. Clearly we are both infatuated, but how in the hell can I stop this? Like I said, I don't want to cheat, nor do I want to be the cause of her cheating, but for some reason we just keep being brought to each other, no matter how hard I try and avoid her. How can I move past this infatuation with this girl?????

I think you just need more self control. If you really don't want this to happen (cheating) then simply don't do it. As far as getting over infatuation, just put your feelings into perspective realistically. You mention that you feel or think she feels the same, that might not be the case. I also don't believe you could be the cause of her cheating. She would have to at some point think that she wants to pursue you also and then put it into action. If you truly feel like you cant stay away from the friend and want her that bad, at least break up with your gf. You can also just be truthful and say "hey I know there might be something between us, I'm not sure but, I don't want anything to happen. I don't want to cheat on my gf and I don't want you to cheat on your bf." That would end any type of flirting or hints of something going on for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by amour.infini View Post
    You can also just be truthful and say "hey I know there might be something between us, I'm not sure but, I don't want anything to happen. I don't want to cheat on my gf and I don't want you to cheat on your bf." That would end any type of flirting or hints of something going on for sure.
    This might work. But even if I tell her this, and the flirting is minimized and/or stopped all together, we will still run into eachother. Like I said, small town! and if the attraction to one another is still there, I don't see our infatuation ending any time soon Maybe I should just leave the country.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds to me like you don't really want your GF anymore. You are being selfish. Break off with her. Isn't she a great gal? Don't you think she deserves someone who *really* wants to be with her?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh