+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend thinks I cheated....

Girlfriend thinks I cheated....

Hello I'm new here. So I'll start at the beginning. I dated a girl lets say named "ashley" (not real name) during last school year we broke up on the last day of school, she dumped me because she had feelings for an ex. a few weeks later I hit it off with a girl named..."Maggie" sure that works. We started liking each other, then I had to move to lets say wonderland haha. Me and Maggie never started dating because when I asked her out she said I had to ask her in person, she is in another state. We kept talking and flirting. for awhile we stopped talking due to busy lives. "ashely" on day comes up online and asked me out again I figured am single sure. we dated for a week or so and then I broke up with her on the phone told her I would be able to come back to that state for a few years and didnt think it was a good idea maybe one day trying to be nice she is easily hurt. we still talked like friends after that. Maggie finally decide we could date even if I had never asked her out in person and It has been fantastic! Then one of her friends tells her I'm still dating ashley. and she is worried I cheated on her, she says she trusts me but due to alot of cheating exs she is terrfied. turns out ashley still thinks we are dating and is telling her friends this. her friends are hyper protective and will believe her over me. I don't wanna lose maggie she is amazing and I love her. We spent 10 hours yesterday talking on skype. 8 hours the day before and she talks to me about everything even her secrets. She trusts me and I dont wanna lose that. oh and I have to solid evidence I dumped Ashely because it happened over the phone. any advice? I'm really worried.

Xevos, you say that Maggie trusts you - but the truth is that she doesn't trust you. If she trusted you, she wouldn't believe you were still dating Ashley.

Rather than crawling or pleading or trying to persuade otherwise, I suggest you man up and stand up for yourself. If Maggie raises this issue again, tell her that if she thinks you're that type of person, then the two of you should not be together. Tell her that you deserve a partner who trusts you and will accept nothing less. If she continues with the distrust, dump her.

Yes, you may lose her - but you DO deserve a partner who trusts you. And getting into the mindset of walking away from someone who doesn't treat you right will set you up well for a future of dating.

Lastly, when this relationship eventually runs it's course - don't do long distance again. They only end in grief. Look for a girl who can be with you in real life and hold you - and kiss you - and hang out and do fun stuff with you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

ugh long distance! this is your life from now on. jealousy, trust issues, rumors, paranoia, gossip, stress and a whole load of drama!
    8HOURS skyping? why dont you go and find your self a real life gf instead of a robot thar talks?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Tell her you will find a girl with less protective friends who dont imagine things. Truth is she is broken and not ready for relationship. She cant trust you cause she believes her paranoid friends. Let it be that way but you dont have to be around when she does damage people around her because of her insecurities. Let it be some other guy.

Also you are missing 90% real life intereaction cause meeting a girl offline is a lot diferent. That means you only met 10% of that girl and its really all in your head. You can fool your brains but you can only imagine how it would be to be close to her.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will