+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you get over someone you have to see everyday?

How do you get over someone you have to see everyday?

I did something really stupid; I had a relationship with a co-worker. Before we dated, he acted like he was so into me. He came to my office nearly every day, hugged me and sat and talked for awhile. I told him my old home PC was crashing and he gave me a spare one he built. We went out to lunch and talked about personal issues. I developed feelings for him pretty quickly.

Once we went out, things changed. He stopped coming around at work. He never called me. I usually had to initiate contact with him. But I still enjoyed being with him and wanted it to continue. Yes, I could see where this was heading back then but my heart wouldn't let my head truly absorb it.

Things fizzled out. I finally gave up on him when he blew me off one weekend. The problem is every time he comes around my feelings come to the surface. He is in IT so there is no avoiding him completely. He acts like nothing ever happened. When I ignore him completely I feel like crap and when I start talking to him my ridiculously stupid brain starts thinking there still might be a chance. It's like a no win situation.

Has anyone ever been through anything similar? How did you handle it?

Time away from him would be good. Do you have annual leave you can take? If so, please don't stay home and mope - go somewhere terrific.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks for the advice! I wish I could take a lot of time off. I am taking a few days off in a couple of weeks to visit family in another state but I don't have a lot of vacation time left.

Do you think I should confront him? Ask him what exactly happened? I mean I think I know but the lack of communication is driving me crazy. I don't know if I would make it better or worse by asking for an explanation.

You certainly shouldn't confront him: Confrontation is a fighting stance and will only going to make things worse. But if you wanted to have a discussion with him with a view to clearing the air, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I meant more of a discussion than a confrontation. Just a bad choice of words. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    I meant more of a discussion than a confrontation. Just a bad choice of words. Thanks for your help!
    just making sure ;-) Hope it works well