+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick: help me flirt, please!

It generally is but there's an inbox limit which prompts a dollar payment for them to "look the other way."
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

So YC how's the dating going?

YOUNG COSMO ( it's harder to flirt online, since a majority comes from the body language )

can't you just find some social places from something on meetup.com, or do speed dating, etc. ?

Online dating was just a fab, it's a bunch of lonely people, giving false hope to most males.

Stop over analyzing everything, just do what you feel for that
    moment and there wont be a reason to be nervous.

It's like approaching a girl, is the hardest thing in the world.

Show them who you are, if that person doesn't except it, move to the next one,
    by not trying in real life, you aren't getting the opportunities you need to the find
    the right person, and even if you feel that person online might be for you,
    she doesn't need to respond, as for in person, you either get rejected, get
    a conversation started or some explanation as to why it wont work.

P.S. there's someone for everyone, and no it ain't your looks, your fine, and your
    height doesn't matter, you can attract anyone with confidence and great personality.
    You just have to believe in the person that you are, and you'll see the results.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 14-09-13 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darkshire View Post
    So YC how's the dating going?
    Same as it's been for 23 years now: non-existent, lol. Never been on a date before.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

you might find something funny, clever or useful in amongst all these, they have different categories.
    http://www.pickuplinesgalore.com/
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    There is no sexy time for me.
    Well, most women expect there to be sexy time eventually. I dated one last year I met on cupid who complained I wasn't moving fast enough. But she had revealed early on that she had herpes. I was trying to make up my mind if I was willing to do anything with her with a condom. But I just couldn't get myself to make a move after 3 or 4 dates. She was fine in every other respect, except the herpes thing. She eventually broke it off with me saying there wasn't enough energy, or some such nonsense. I think it was because I wasn't ready to jump into bed with her.

Holy Christ, dude!

Good for you! That is why she has herpes... what a sick lady!

So who wants to help a fellow out generously by ghostwriting? I simply can't converse with a girl through text. In this case, it's another Craigslist girl, the only place I find anything. In person, well, if I ever actually GOT that far, I could handle it. But text is one of the things in life that scares me most. There's too much potential for something to go wrong and not have a chance to rectify it. Text has to be absolutely PERFECT. Hence, I freeze up and can't reply. Help?

Oh little buddy, text doesn't have to be perfect, in most cases the reader will pick out or pass over bits and pieces anyways. Could I ghost write for you? Yeah, I could do that, but that won't help you. That would be writing from my perspective, writing about my experiences, and getting them to like my personality.

Text or talk I don't have issues conversing with women, and you shouldn't hinge your whole world on a single message. Even if you or I write the perfect message, it doesn't always guarantee a response, and even if you get a response it doesn't mean things will progress.

Its all about learning how to interact properly, not so much about tricking women into meeting you. Its not that hard to differentiate yourself from the online masses, I mean look at this site alone, this isn't a statistical anomaly, a lot of people just have no standards in the way they talk and treat others. Thats a good place to start... as if you're looking to meet someone online (and offline), you have to start at a place of respect.

I wish I could follow your advice perfectly. Unfortunately, I have trouble following directions. I'm insisting on getting checked for autism tomorrow and possibly have the test done on Monday..

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    I wish I could follow your advice perfectly. Unfortunately, I have trouble following directions. I'm insisting on getting checked for autism tomorrow and possibly have the test done on Monday..
    For what it's worth, I'm not sure a adult diagnosis brings much to the table - other than explanation for behaviours. Though perhaps someone who gets a dx may open their minds to the fact that they way they interpret the world isn't necessarily how everyone else sees it.

If you do/don't get a dx, how would you expect it to change things for you?

Out of curiosity, how are you managing to get checked out so quickly? Is the person you're seeing an expert on ASD?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Check out the Wrongplanet dot net forum. Click on discussion. It is a huge board devoted to autistic people and aspergers syndrome. You sound like you might fit in there. Many of them will never be in a relationship. Some of them manage to even get married and have kids and hold jobs.

you should use your own thoughts and words to win over someone you like, because if you fake it with others words the beginning of the relationship what do you think she will think and feel about you when she realizes you faked all you said? most people prefer a real you and honesty. being awkward isn't always a drawback.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm not sure a adult diagnosis brings much to the table - other than explanation for behaviours. Though perhaps someone who gets a dx may open their minds to the fact that they way they interpret the world isn't necessarily how everyone else sees it.

If you do/don't get a dx, how would you expect it to change things for you?

Out of curiosity, how are you managing to get checked out so quickly? Is the person you're seeing an expert on ASD?
    I have a referral to an expert, yes. The main thing is comfort in knowing I don't have some anomalous issue and that maybe with treatment and medication, I could get HELP instead of sitting around wondering what the **** is wrong with me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast