+ Follow This Topic

Thread: unique situation

unique situation

Long story short, been with girlfriend for a year two months ago she started a business that has consumed her every waking moment, we spoke and understood we wouldnt see alot of eachother for a little while, now two months ago i saw her last, although we talk everyday, we,ve had words out of missing eachother, i work alot too, but im finally comfortable with how we are, problem is shes scared shes hurting me as shes so busy, she tells me im what she wants but thinks its not fair on me, everything has kinda come to a boiling point, i wanna work this out..so heres the last text i got;
    " I don't know what to do or say, my heads ****ed.. I'm torn between what I want & what the right thing to do is.. It's not something I can just decide in an hour, I need some time to have a think, I haven't had chance to sit down & think for the longest time.. You say to not make judgments through what I think your thinking, but I know how hard it's been on you the last couple of months. I just don't know how long either of us are going to be able to put up with it its so hard xxxxxxxxxx"

Obviously our problem isnt lack of love but guys, what is my next step?

Well man it doesnt matter how much love you both have. What matters is how much love you are giving to eachother.

Work and relationship have to be balanced so one dont kill the other. Perhaps she sees her work as oportunity to make money for future. If so she might been under huge test now which is money test. Most of people dont pass it and sell their loved ones because time is money. And it leads to huge suffering. Thats not where the happiness is. If we all would be rich we would spend more time.
    Name:  Be free.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  31.1 KB
    Last edited by pcmaster; 16-09-13 at 01:16 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Well man it doesnt matter how much love you both have. What matters is how much love you are giving to eachother.

Work and relationship have to be balanced so one dont kill the other. Perhaps she sees her work as oportunity to make money for future. If so she might been under huge test now which is money test. Most of people dont pass it and sell their loved ones because time is money. And it leads to huge suffering. Thats not where the happiness is.
    Name:  Be free.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  31.1 KB
    But whats ur advice on where to take it next?

If you personally are comfortable with things the way they are, you should tell her not to worry and that you trust that you'll both make time for each other whenever you can.

She have to choose whats more importand to her. Sooner or later she will miss you enought to decide you are worth more of her time or learn to live without you. Its inner battle and she have to fight it inside of her. What you can do is give her some love so its easier to decide. Cause eventualy its gona be time to take care of yourself, after all that hard work. And its easy to take care if you love yourself. Its easy to love yourself if others love you too. Just show that you care and eventualy it will be thing that she needs the most. Till then be the best that you can be on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    She have to choose whats more importand to her. Sooner or later she will miss you enought to decide you are worth more of her time or learn to live without you. Its inner battle and she have to fight it inside of her. What you can do is give her some love so its easier to decide. Cause eventualy its gona be time to take care of yourself, after all that hard work. And its easy to take care if you love yourself. Its easy to love yourself if others love you too. Just show that you care and eventualy it will be thing that she needs the most. Till then be the best that you can be on your own.
    Thats pretty much how i feel about it, i do care and look after myself, its been an opportunity to make a lot of money, but i really care about her and our relationship..do u think a spell of no contact woild help or make things worse?

Just try work a little less. Show a good example. You will be more happy this way and she might learn from you. Diference between men and women is that women more often take job as a sprint when its more like a maraton. Planning time off is very importand and is better for longterm sucsess. But working with no holidays will lead to point - Im tired, Im sick of it, I dont wana do it anymore, I wana quit.

No contact is a risky thing. Like I said she might learn to live without you or miss you so much that you become number one above anything else.

Thing is her work is her passion now and she can use her creative enrgy there. You need passion too. Like hobby or sport that can fullfill you so that you can be more attractive to her. Cause when your only passion is her you are missing that backbone that men needs. And giving her too much value(value not attention). In your place I would surprise her by meeting her after work when shes tired or send flowers to workplace. Really think about some less ussual ways to show attention. Goal is make her think about you. The rest of the time you will be okay without her because of cool things that you do thats good for body and spirit. Problem is people tend to forget that its better to be more rather than have more. Most importand thing is take care of yourself. In relationship (just like in work), often most atractive person is not the one who gives more but the one who have more to give.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 16-09-13 at 12:59 AM.

Just treat it as an LDR for now. Make plans to have 20 min dates for coffee to catch up and get a hug....meet up one night out of the week and sleep over. I'm sure doing this isn't impossible. Stepping out of work, even lying to get out of work for an hour is doable.

Her text was her laying the groundwork for a break-up. She's started the trail.

Timing is everything in life, so if you're meant to be, you'll reunite in the future. But, for now, it sounds like she doesn't want the stress of you in her life right now. Relationships take time and effort, and right now, she knows she can't give you either.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    Her text was her laying the groundwork for a break-up. She's started the trail.

Timing is everything in life, so if you're meant to be, you'll reunite in the future. But, for now, it sounds like she doesn't want the stress of you in her life right now. Relationships take time and effort, and right now, she knows she can't give you either.
    ^^^^. This

She's breaking up with you is what I see. Sucks. ! I'm sorry

Basically she has been pushing for me to break up with her, because she feels guilt enough that she doesnt have any time for herself let alone me, the approach ive taken is fully to protect myself by using no contact, whether that makes her miss me enough to make the necessary changes in her life/schedule to fit me in, or makes things easier for her to get on with, its kind of a WIN/WIN situation now, as much as i love her this time away will heal me and(or) bring her back

Good to know man. As long you are satisfied with your life you still are winner. Shall your happines be reward for her when she come back or revenge when she dont depends on her. Good that you are not co dependand and can survive without her and eventually maybe be more happy than ever cause nothing holds you back now.

exactly, although i took a different route to how you suggest thanks for the advice all the same, i guess i just forgot who i was for a second