+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do girls like to play games ? Part 2 ---- My Ex called me yesterday

Do girls like to play games ? Part 2 ---- My Ex called me yesterday

Hi Everyone,

Hope you guys are doing fine.

I got a call from my ex yesterday and i am confused. I dont know whether she wants to get back together or whether this is another game that she is trying to play with me. Also, i would like you all to read my first post as it contains all the problems i faced and why i did not contact her . Here's what i posted on 8th September 2013.

(( I really need you guys to help me and i would like to ask you some questions, however, let me explain my situation to you briefly as possible. I need to understand why do girls like to play games . I met this girl through a mutual friend and we had a normal conversation post that she started calling and texting me. We talked to each other almost everyday and i was not able to figure out out why she wanted to talk to me so much ( n i mean every single day n night ). she stays in a different state and that resulted in we both having a telephone conversation rather than a face to face conversation. she use to text me for anything and everything ( which was annoying at times ) , but i was not able to figure anything out cos i dint know where she was going with this. ( she would text me and tell what she was doing every now then. In fact , once she asked for my permission to go to the cinema . why would a girl ask for my permission to go for a movie with her friends or shopping ? ..weird isnt it?). Also, she use to sing to me and make things romantic ( though i dint ask her to sing. BTW, she is good singer) . Finally, one night during our conversation i asked her upfront as to where she is going with this and she said she likes me and post that came to meet me. We both had a great time .

Everything was going great and i had been thinking about whether we would end up together or not. Also, i tried to understand what her goals were in life and tried to figure out if that is what i wanted from my life. Also, i was ready to amend mine goals for her ( Funny ). Now, here's where it got tricky for me. She told me that she is getting married in the next six months and her folks were in the process of finding someone for her. ( Here in the asian culture they call this ARRANGE MARRIAGE ). So i asked her whether she is serious with what was going on and she started explaining how important her family is to her and how practical i need to be life . Also, she couple of times asked me how much i earn. ( Is that really necessary ?) Basically, what she was getting at was that "this" was just a fling. Also, a month after that she told me that her folks have found someone and she is gonna go out on a date with him. Obviously. i was not ok with it and i stopped calling her and since then have not been in touch with her. However, as they say " THE PAST WILL ALWAYS BITE ! . my friend said that her father passed away and now she is dating someone else !.

I am sorry to be so descriptive but i guess i just wanted to share this.

So here are the questions

1. If you are not interested in someone why would u call or text that person on your own ? i mean " why would a girl contact a guy if she doesn't love him or doesn't plan to spend the rest of her life with him?

2. With what i gather i believe she lied to me about her father not agreeing to our relationship ..so why did u lie to me ? just tell me that u r not interested any more.

3. Also , if my earnings were the issue, then i feel girls should probably do some background check on us OR just market themselves saying i need someone who is earning 50000 dollars or wear a T Shirt OR a logo to make us aware that actually they are looking for 50000 dollars and not a MAN ..

4. How can someone break up and get into another relationship so soon ?

5. How can i ensure i dont get tricked again?

I still think about the good times we had and how great the things were. i wish i could do something to make things right. However, why would i want to.. she messed it up , right? .

i dont know what to do now...Please help!))

She called me yesterday and discussed how things are with her and she wanted to check how my life was and gave me a hint that she is still single. Also, she informed me that her father passed away and now she is staying alone. I must admit , when we broke up, i sent her few texts about love and break ups. ( i wonder why i did that ) . During our conversation , she gave me compliments ( Eg: i love ur voice... you are so organised...u r always positive....Also, she apologized couple of times for not contacting.. etc). Now, she wants to move in my area and she has asked me to look out for a job for her ( BTW .. i placed her in her current job a year ago before we split up ).

So again here are my questions : ( I apologize I had to make you read through this long post , but i really need you guys to help me make a decision.)

1. Did she contact me because she wants a job or is she a genuine person this time? Why would she let me know that she is still single

2. Why does she want to move in where i reside now ?

3. Also, when i called her back in the night her phone was busy( usually that's when we spoke to each other in the past )?

4. Has she found someone else in my area ? Is she using me to achieve her next goal ?

5. Is she approaching me as a friend ? ( cos Immediately after our conversation i sent her long text about love ..n she responds with...did u run into love or something ? )

Guys i am totally confused. I just dont know what i should do . Life is crazy. I was not able to sleep last night because i was thinking about her . Please help... : (

No one can answer these questions, but HER. So, ask her. Why is that so hard?

I agree with the other poster. Why don't u ask her? We don't know

It's stupid to use generalizations about "girls" when you are actually talking ONLY about her.

Thanks a lot for your reply guys. I appreciate it.

@namemyname: It indeed is hard for me to ask her upfront, hence i used this forum.

@searock: I am sorry for doing this again as i should have apologized to you earlier for generalizing girls. I have been in three relationships and the experience has been pretty much the same. I haven't had the courage to approach any girl and ask her out on a date. It is they who approach me and decide to get into a relationship and then back out.

@4ratties: Thanks !