+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the meaning of this?

What is the meaning of this?

So, I dated a guy briefly (a little over a month). I decided to stop dating him because he was a skinflint. He didn't even pay for the first date even though he can afford to (he is an engineer). I also wasn't that physically attracted to him. He started sending me messages begging me to not leave him, that he is in love with me, that he is sorry he took me for granted, that he would take me out to dinner, etc. After telling him that I don't think we are compatible and that I don't feel the same, I started ignoring his messages because he wouldn't stop. He started taking pictures of him posing with his new expensive car with a suit on and posting them on facebook. Hahaha. What is the meaning of this? And should I respond to this?
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Don't respond at all.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If you don't want to be with him, if you think he is a "skinflint" then wtf do you care what he posts on facebook? What would you "respond" to? He's not asked you anything?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yea, not going to respond to this because the reason I stopped dating him is because of how he treated me and personality differences. Thought the facebook photos was him desperately showing off. Just thought maybe he was trying to say "you missed out".
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

I'm sure that is what he was trying to say. Don't bother to respond to that. He will wonder what the hell is going on if you just ignore him. After all, you're not interested anyway. You get a few Barbie points since you got rid of him since he didn't pay for you on the first date. That's a bad impression and he's obviously cheap, which is something you don't want to deal with. Total dealbreaker.

You sure have been seeing a lot of different guys lately. Changing men like panties aren't we?

don't reply or take notice of his showing off, if you didn't want him previously, you still shouldn't want him no matter what stupid stuff he is Fb'ing now, right? he knows you will see it in your feed, sounds lame on his part.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Sounds lame on both of your parts. You obviously do care about him on some level - even if it's just for the attention he gives you - because you cared enough to post a thread.

I understand not wanting to date a guy because he's not physically attractive to you, but big deal if he didn't pay for the date. This is 2013, not 1955. You sound like you have a princess complex.

Obviously, don't talk to him since you say you don't like him. From the sound of it, a successful guy like him won't have trouble getting other women anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post

You sure have been seeing a lot of different guys lately. Changing men like panties aren't we?
    Can't live up to that lifestyle any longer. Getting extremely busy with school.

I suspect he was insecure that women would only be with him for his money/profession so he wouldn't pay for anything. But he probably figured out the approach wasn't working for him. lol. It wasn't only because he wouldn't pay but also he would make all the decisions about what we would do, go to eat, etc. He would ask me/invite me out on the date where I had no input at all and expect me to pay for my part. And he would be extremely physical (putting his hand around my waist, holding hands, kissing me, etc) without asking for my permission. I even thought I have dated him for way too long (looking back at it). He probably thought he was being a man/in control when he actually came off as a douche.

Is this the same guy you couldn't wait to see so you could suck his dingaling again?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

No, not the same guy.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Yea, not going to respond to this because the reason I stopped dating him is because of how he treated me and personality differences. Thought the facebook photos was him desperately showing off. Just thought maybe he was trying to say "you missed out".
    I'm wondering how you're seeing his FB photos. Is he still FB friends with you? Are you visiting his page? You're e-stalking him, and wondering why he's still trying to get your attention? LMAO.

It shows up on feed when I log on. He is still friends with me on fb.

Then un-friend him. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    No, not the same guy.
    So, WTF happened to him? Jeezus, woman. You're going through men like Liberace ... well... went through men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    So, WTF happened to him? Jeezus, woman. You're going through men like Liberace ... well... went through men.
    We were done. That was the only guy I had intercourse with. The mind games destroyed our relationship. I think I discussed it on another thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast