+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help please!

Help please!

Okay so basically I'm an 18 year old guy and I'd like some advice on how best to go about this little problem I have...

I restarted Sixth Form last week and obviously with it being a new year there's a new group of people moving up into Y12. Now on one of these days last week I noticed this girl walk in to the study room and well...I don't really know where to start but I think she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. Like literally. She noticed me and for about a week we had that whole cute eye contact across the room thing going on. My problem is is that I've absolutely no idea how to approach her and am terrified of doing so, I've pictured a conversation in my head a thousand times but I can't seem to find a way to make it reality, and it's not helped by the fact she's never really on her own (I literally could not approach her with people around her). Also in the past week the whole eye contact thing has kinda died down and I'm not sure whether she feels awkward or isn't interested or whether I'm just being super paranoid and over analytical but now that's putting me off as well cause whilst initially I thought perhaps she might've been interested I'm now starting to doubt that...ugh idk

I just genuinely don't know how to go about this, I really want to get to know her and introduce myself but I'm not sure whether there's much point and I don't really know how to get the courage to actually do it? I just want some advice on what to do or anything really, it's kinda killing me LOL

Man, I was in the same situation you were. I'm not sure if you've overheard any interests you both share, but if there is some class you share, or situation that puts you both together ask her about them then.

Also, apparently women like confidence (but as a boy, this is hearsay) so if you've got the guts you could approach her when she's with friends. Only other advice would be afterschool.

We do like confidence! A guy who has the guts to say what he feels rather than beating around the bush or playing games, we really appreciate that. So just get the courage up and approach her!

Keep smiling. See if you can manage to sit by her. If you know her name can you find out what classes she has or has had? If it's something you are currently taking, ask for her help (even if you don't need it).

Talk about the school's sports programs. Find out if she's going to any of the upcoming games / matches. Tell her you'd like to hang out with her there.

If all that goes well, you can suggest a real date, just the two of you.

Good luck.

Woman like confident men. Go.

Have more patience as to see her reactions and gestures, if she still looks at you, if ever approach to you, good luck.

Show that you're confident.

Mate, we give you a good ten minutes worth of discussion on your situation in our podcast, Uneducated Opinions (Episode 2). Check it out, exactly 11 minutes in. We're masters in this trade: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/uneducated-opinions/id737369373